Strange Watermelon - New Development or Leave Well Enough Alone?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary, there is a discussion about genetically modified food and how people are experimenting with different flavors and appearances. Some examples include a red and yellow watermelon, green ketchup, and blue cola. There is also mention of purple carrots in the past and a rectangular prism-shaped watermelon that was well-received. The conversation ends with a question about trying transgenic fish from China.
timejim
I heard they have developed a watermelon that is red on the outside, yellow rind, and a green center. They say it tastes like any other watermelon. I wish people would leave well-enough alone. I don't want green ketchup, either.

Physics news on Phys.org
How about blue??

http://home.student.uva.nl/monique.vandervoet/blue_coke.jpeg [Broken] OH JUMMY!

Last edited by a moderator:
werent carrots originally purple?

Yeah jimmy, they were purple for a while, but people got tired of that one quite soon.
I don't know what the N.U.T (Nutritional Unnatural Things) was thinking.

I've had watermelon which was shaped like a rectangular prism, had a green outer layer and was yellow inside. It was the best watermelon I've ever tasted, way to go genetic engineering!

Last edited:
Humm... does anyone want to have a taste of those luminous transgenic fishes from china?

1. What is a strange watermelon?

A strange watermelon is a type of watermelon that has unusual characteristics or properties that differ from traditional watermelons. This can include different colors, flavors, or textures.

2. Is it safe to eat strange watermelons?

At this time, there is no evidence to suggest that strange watermelons are unsafe to eat. However, it is always important to use caution when consuming any new or unfamiliar food.

3. How are strange watermelons different from regular watermelons?

Strange watermelons may have different appearances, flavors, or nutritional profiles compared to regular watermelons. They may also have been genetically modified or bred to have certain traits.

4. Are there any potential benefits to consuming strange watermelons?

There is currently no research to suggest that strange watermelons have any specific health benefits. However, they may offer a unique and interesting taste experience for those who enjoy trying new foods.

5. Should we be concerned about the development of strange watermelons?

As with any new development in the food industry, it is important to carefully consider the potential impacts on human health and the environment. Further research and regulation may be necessary before widespread consumption of strange watermelons can be deemed safe.