PF PHOTO CONTEST - Life Is A Cabaret, Old Chum (5/5-5/11)

In summary, this week's theme for the photo contest is live performance and participants must submit a digital or digitally-scanned photo that fits within the size requirements. Only one photo per member is allowed and it must be their own work. At the end of the contest period, a poll will be opened for members to vote on their favorite photo. The deadline for submissions is in 2 days.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Life Is A Cabaret, Old Chum!

Our theme this week is on LIVE PERFORMANCE. Your picture must have, as its main subject, a live performance. This performance could be on a stage, on a street/sidewalk, at an event, etc. It must qualify as a live performance for an audience.

Zz.Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
This isn't a submission for the contest, but I couldn't resist posting it in light of the thread title. The YouTube addicts among us (I am one of them) may know that there is this very charming girl who has posted several videos of herself singing. Here's 'Cabaret':

I could listen to that woman read the telephone book. :!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Mattson said:
This isn't a submission for the contest, but I couldn't resist posting it in light of the thread title. The YouTube addicts among us (I am one of them) may know that there is this very charming girl who has posted several videos of herself singing. Here's 'Cabaret':

:bugeye: :eek:

Tom Mattson said:

:uhh: I'm thinking she needs to take the elastic band off her neck; apparently, not enough blood is getting to her brain. :tongue: :rofl:

Jealousy ill befits you, Moonbear. :tongue:

yano, ZZ going to make all this go away...

Last edited:
This is from last year's Waterfront Blues Festival in Portland. These are three of the members of the Blues band my daughter's boyfriend is a member of. (He's the one in the back, playing bass.) The band is "Ben Rice and the Youth of Blues". (At least that's what they were called at the time, My daughter has informed me that they are now just called http://www.bandvillage.com/bandcds.php?BandId=1906&CDId=1318" [Broken])

http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wtrfrntblus.jpg [Broken]

Nice masculine boa man.

this is my band's "show/recording session."

by "show" I mean "me and fat tony in my basement at 5 AM blasting god-awful sounds to the pleasure of a bunch of drunken teenagers."

we recorded the momentous event in its entirety on my web-cam (that's a snapshot)... then we watched it... then we realized what we sound like live... then we deleted it from my hard drive. we then decided we're a studio band.

this is one of those moments when I "improvise" on the guitar, ruining the whole song, and he gets angry because he doesn't know what the hell I'm doing so he just stops playing and waits for me to finish.

I'd post a link to our music, but I wouldn't wish the suffering that comes along with the experience of listening to us on Hitler.

http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/16574/2000401027533412961_rs.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/Photo_contest/HPIM1912a.JPG [Broken]
Performing magician:
Tobias The Acceptable

Tom Mattson said:

ooh, I like her. She's very talented!

This is a bagpiper my dad hired for my mom's PhD graduation party. I don't think it matters if you're Scotch-Irish or not, bagpiping brings tears to your eyes regardless.

bagpiper.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4776/img2369jg5.jpg [Broken]

Zz.

You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

ic.jpg

Anyone remember Icvotria who used to post here? This is her band playing Leeds Festival 2005.

ZapperZ said:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4776/img2369jg5.jpg [Broken]

Zz.

That Criss Angel is amazing! How does he DO stuff like that? :eek:

I wish I could post a picture of mine on stage, but I could not convince my agent.

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Life Is A Cabaret, Old Chum (5/5-5/11) is "life is a cabaret". Participants are encouraged to submit photos that capture the essence of cabaret, such as performers, costumes, and stage sets.

2. How can I enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

To enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST, you can submit your photo through the designated platform, such as the contest website or social media page. Make sure to follow the instructions provided and meet the submission deadline.

3. Is there an entry fee for the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

No, there is no entry fee for the PF PHOTO CONTEST. It is open to all individuals who meet the eligibility criteria, which typically includes age and location restrictions.

4. How will the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST be selected?

The winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST will be selected by a panel of judges who will evaluate the submissions based on creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme. The judges' decision is final and cannot be contested.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The prizes for the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST may vary, but typically include cash prizes, recognition, and the opportunity to have their photo featured in a publication or exhibition. The specific prizes will be announced before or at the end of the contest.