Connecting Relays to Circuit Boards: Step-by-Step Guide

• Thread starter ahmedahmed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, Ahmed Hassan is requesting information about the connection for a particular type of relay that has more than four connections, with the hope of finding a diagram or picture that shows all of the connection numbers and their purposes. The responders suggest using the company name and part number to find a datasheet online, and also ask for more specific information about the relay in question. Ahmed reiterates the need for a picture and is advised to refer to a relevant relay catalogue for more information.
ahmedahmed
Hi everybody

I need the connection for relay in boards

Also try to put images

Thanks

Best regards

Ahmed Hassan

Engineering news on Phys.org
Of course this is a nother question

There is a type of relay with more than 4 connections on it.
you can see connection number as (1,2,3, . . . A1, A2) and there is more than this numbers

I need picture with all connection number and what is that for

Thanks
Best Regards
Ahmed Hassan

ahmedahmed said:
Of course this is a nother question

There is a type of relay with more than 4 connections on it.
you can see connection number as (1,2,3, . . . A1, A2) and there is more than this numbers

Thanks
Best Regards
Ahmed Hassan

Use the company name and part number that are printed on the relay to find the datasheet for it online. That should give you the connection information.

We need a specific model number, or at the very least the type of relay and the maufacturer. There is no standard terminal numbering scheme; each manufacturer uses his own and even then there are going to be differences depending on whether the relay is an SPST, SPDT, DPDT or something else.

I'm not sure what you're asking anyway. Either you already have a relay and need the datasheet, in which case Google should help you, or you have a particular application that you need to determine which type of relay to use, in which case, we need that information. Where are you getting these terminal numbers from?

ahmedahmed said:

you must refer to relevant relay catalogue and note to similar attached diagram.

Attachments

• 444.bmp
    190 KB · Views: 468

What are relays and why are they used in circuit boards?

Relays are electrically operated switches that are used to control the flow of electricity in a circuit. They are often used in circuit boards to isolate different parts of the circuit and to switch between different modes of operation.

How do I choose the right relay for my circuit board?

The right relay for your circuit board will depend on the voltage and current requirements of your circuit. Make sure to check the datasheet of the relay to ensure it can handle the load of your circuit.

What tools and materials do I need to connect a relay to a circuit board?

You will need a soldering iron, solder, wire cutters, and a multimeter to connect a relay to a circuit board. You will also need the relay itself, as well as wires and a circuit board to connect it to.

What is the process for connecting a relay to a circuit board?

The first step is to solder the relay to the circuit board using the appropriate connections. Next, connect the wires from your circuit to the corresponding terminals on the relay. Finally, test the relay using a multimeter to ensure it is functioning properly.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when connecting relays to circuit boards?

Yes, it is important to always disconnect the power source before working on a circuit board. Make sure to wear protective gear, such as safety glasses, and work in a well-ventilated area when soldering. It is also important to double check all connections and wiring before powering on the circuit.