Aeronautics & Astrophysics: Exploring the Universe in 2020

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's interest in specializing in Aeronautics and Astrophysics or Quantum Physics and Electronics. They feel drawn to Aeronautics and recall reading about the importance of studying Quantum Physics. They also mention their interest in building things through electronics. They ask if anyone else shares their interest in Aeronautics and share a video related to the topic. The speaker mentions being inspired by Carl in their decision to pursue astrophysics, but never finished the astrophysics aspect of their studies.
vorcil
In 2010 I will be doing my third year,

Aeronautics and Astrophysics seems to be calling to me,
the only other specialization of interest is quantum physics and maybe electronics,

I know I shouldn't really abandon a more general physics education, but I really want to start specializing now!

I remember reading in one of my Quantum physics books how dangerous it would be for the human race to stop studying Quantum physics and that is the reason why I still take papers that involve it,

and I only do electronics papers because it involves building things,

does anyone else feel the need to do Aeronautics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc
video related
please watch it,

Space news on Phys.org

Oh Carl!

He is THE reason I ended up doing astrophysics. Unfortunately, I never finished the "astro" part.

1. What is aeronautics and astrophysics?

Aeronautics and astrophysics are two branches of science that study the Earth's atmosphere and the universe, respectively. Aeronautics focuses on the design and operation of aircraft and spacecraft, while astrophysics explores the physical and chemical properties of celestial objects and phenomena.

2. Why is studying aeronautics and astrophysics important?

Studying aeronautics and astrophysics allows us to better understand the world and universe around us. It also helps us develop new technologies and advancements in the fields of transportation, communication, and exploration.

3. What are some recent advancements in aeronautics and astrophysics?

In 2020, there have been several exciting advancements in aeronautics and astrophysics. These include the successful launch of the SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft, the discovery of water on the moon, and the detection of gravitational waves from the merger of two black holes.

4. How do aeronautics and astrophysics work together?

Aeronautics and astrophysics often work together in the development and testing of new technologies for space exploration. For example, aeronautical engineers may design and test new spacecraft designs, while astrophysicists use these spacecraft to gather data and study the universe.

5. What can we learn about the universe through aeronautics and astrophysics?

Through aeronautics and astrophysics, we can learn about the origins, evolution, and structure of the universe. We can also study the behavior of celestial objects and phenomena, such as galaxies, stars, planets, and black holes, and gain a better understanding of our place in the universe.