Quick link to find replies to your own recent posts

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Fredrik
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various ways to check for replies to recent posts on the forum. These include using the search and advanced search features and using the subscribed threads feature. It is also mentioned that you can subscribe without email notification and that changing the subscription setting only applies to posts made after the change.
Fredrik
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One thing I do very often here is to click "search", then "advanced search", fill in my own name, select "a week ago", and hit the "search now" button. (This is how I check if someone has replied to any of my recent posts). It would be nice to have a link that does all that automatically.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Fredrik! :smile:

Isn't it quicker to click "Subscribed Threads" on the "Quick Links" drop-down menu?

(you can subscribe without email notification, via the "Edit Options" page, if you want)

(ooh … I've just noticed that if you use the mouse to "open in a new window" when you click "Quick Links", you get an old version of the Reply page, including an alphabetical list of colours :tongue2:)

Or perhaps upper menu: Get Posts, No replies?

Edit: no, obviously it does something else.

Last edited:
You can use 'My PF', and click on 'View all Subscribed Threads', it'll be ordered by most recent.

Fredrik said:
One thing I do very often here is to click "search", then "advanced search", fill in my own name, select "a week ago", and hit the "search now" button. (This is how I check if someone has replied to any of my recent posts). It would be nice to have a link that does all that automatically.

That's also a good way to see what your Ambien walrus has been posting.

Use the subscribed threads feature. It allows you to see which threads that you follow have new posts. Probably best to disable email notification though.

OK, I had no idea that you can subscribe without E-mail notification. Thanks. I'll try it.

If you change your subscription setting, be aware that it is only applied to posts made after you change the setting. To subscribe to threads you posted in before the setting change, you would need to go to each thread and individually subscribe to them. It may or may not be worth your time to do this for threads you posted in during the last few days.

1. What is the purpose of "Quick link to find replies to your own recent posts"?

The purpose of this feature is to make it easier for users to keep track of their own posts and any replies that have been made to them. This can be especially useful in online forums or discussion boards where there may be a high volume of posts and it can be difficult to keep track of all of them.

2. How do I access the "Quick link to find replies to your own recent posts"?

The exact method of accessing this feature may vary depending on the platform or website you are using, but generally it can be found in the user's profile or account settings. Look for a tab or section labeled "Recent Posts" or "My Posts" and the link to find replies should be listed there.

3. Can I customize the settings for the "Quick link to find replies to your own recent posts"?

This also may vary depending on the platform, but many websites do allow for some customization of this feature. Users may be able to choose how many of their recent posts are displayed, the time frame for which posts are included, and whether or not they want to receive notifications for new replies.

4. Will I be able to see replies to my posts even if they are from different users?

Yes, this feature should display all replies to your posts, regardless of who made them. This can be helpful for keeping track of ongoing discussions or conversations within a larger forum or thread.

5. Is there a limit to how many recent posts will be shown in the "Quick link to find replies to your own recent posts"?

This may vary depending on the platform, but there is often a limit to the number of recent posts that will be displayed in this feature. This is to prevent overwhelming the user with too much information. However, users may be able to adjust this limit in their settings if desired.