Neutrino speed thread moderation

• Thread starter Vanadium 50
  • Start date
In summary, the moderators removed hundreds of posts that were either off topic or repetitious. They also deleted posts that were not about the neutrino speed. Some users criticized the moderators for leaving too much of the posts untouched.
Buckleymanor said:
I don't normally but when you receive 2 points for an infraction for pointing out that you can't spell can't comprehend and probably ugly you tend to take it harder than usual.
Oh. and if it ain't clear it was me pointing at me.:rofl:
The mentor didn't immediately realize you were the intended subject since you posted it as a response to a quote, but reversed the infraction.

Physics news on Phys.org
Char. Limit said:
Welcome to Physics Forums.

Waging war on Crackpot tyranny, Spacemites, and Incrulouses, the last Battlestar Captain, Greg, leads a ragtag, nerdly crew, on a lonely quest—in a shining place, abbreviated as PF.

Evo said:
Most people here do not use a spell checker for normal posts.

True. I only use spell checker for my abnormal posts.

OmCheeto said:
True. I only use spell checker for my abnormal posts.
I rest my case. :biggrin:

Buckleymanor said:
Oh Dave you are cute, mite and louse to the rescue.Unfortunately some of us find find spelling difficult and don't find it funny.

Especialy when it is used to divert or retract from the message.
I don't and won't use spellcheck I need to try to learn, from my point of view your humour is funny but a bit nerdish.
I mean it as independent humour without any intent to offend. Msispelling happnes. The tie-in with spacemite was too cute to pass up.

Perhaps the wound is a bit fresh.

DaveC426913 said:
... Msispelling happnes ...

Yes, and they are almost always due to a slip of the figner

I've got a friend who spells finger as fingure. It annoys me to know end, especially since I can't figure out WHY he would spell it that way.

<h2>1. What is "neutrino speed thread moderation"?</h2><p>Neutrino speed thread moderation is a method used by online forums and discussion boards to quickly and efficiently moderate discussions by removing inappropriate or off-topic comments. It is named after neutrinos, which are subatomic particles that travel at incredibly high speeds.</p><h2>2. How does neutrino speed thread moderation work?</h2><p>This method involves moderators quickly scanning through comments and removing any that violate the forum's rules or guidelines. It requires moderators to be highly efficient and able to make quick decisions in order to keep discussions on topic and respectful.</p><h2>3. What are the benefits of using neutrino speed thread moderation?</h2><p>The main benefit of using this method is that it allows for real-time moderation, ensuring that discussions stay on track and do not become derailed by inappropriate or off-topic comments. It also helps maintain a positive and respectful atmosphere for all participants.</p><h2>4. Are there any downsides to using neutrino speed thread moderation?</h2><p>One potential downside is that it relies heavily on the moderators' ability to make quick and accurate decisions. This can be challenging and may lead to some comments being mistakenly removed. It also requires a team of dedicated moderators who are able to constantly monitor discussions.</p><h2>5. How can I become a neutrino speed thread moderator?</h2><p>If you are interested in becoming a neutrino speed thread moderator, you can start by familiarizing yourself with the forum's rules and guidelines. You can then reach out to the forum's administrators or current moderators to inquire about any available positions. It is also important to have strong communication and decision-making skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.</p>

1. What is "neutrino speed thread moderation"?

Neutrino speed thread moderation is a method used by online forums and discussion boards to quickly and efficiently moderate discussions by removing inappropriate or off-topic comments. It is named after neutrinos, which are subatomic particles that travel at incredibly high speeds.

2. How does neutrino speed thread moderation work?

This method involves moderators quickly scanning through comments and removing any that violate the forum's rules or guidelines. It requires moderators to be highly efficient and able to make quick decisions in order to keep discussions on topic and respectful.

3. What are the benefits of using neutrino speed thread moderation?

The main benefit of using this method is that it allows for real-time moderation, ensuring that discussions stay on track and do not become derailed by inappropriate or off-topic comments. It also helps maintain a positive and respectful atmosphere for all participants.

4. Are there any downsides to using neutrino speed thread moderation?

One potential downside is that it relies heavily on the moderators' ability to make quick and accurate decisions. This can be challenging and may lead to some comments being mistakenly removed. It also requires a team of dedicated moderators who are able to constantly monitor discussions.

5. How can I become a neutrino speed thread moderator?

If you are interested in becoming a neutrino speed thread moderator, you can start by familiarizing yourself with the forum's rules and guidelines. You can then reach out to the forum's administrators or current moderators to inquire about any available positions. It is also important to have strong communication and decision-making skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.