Problem in the use of Comsol.

• Thread starter kem08
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comsol
In summary, the person is seeking help with modeling a transient thermal analysis in Comsol. They are unsure of how to enter a function to describe the flow during the flash and are asking for assistance in the Comsol community forum.
kem08
Hello,
I wish to model with Comsol a simple situation: a plasterboard undergoes locally with one 3 ms duration a very short flash (Dirac) and I would like to see the evolution during the time of the wave of heat through volume.
The problem it is that I do not know how to enter a function describing during time the flow received by my field.
In which menu of Comsol is necessary it to go?
Help me because it is very important.
Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It sounds like a relatively simple transient thermal analysis. Are you sure you're using a transient analysis in Comsol? Comsol has several tutorials that deal with this kind of problem...

Have you tried asking your question in the COMSOL Community Discussion Forum?
Your question may get answered faster there. http://www.comsol.com/community

kem08 said:
Hello,
I wish to model with Comsol a simple situation: a plasterboard undergoes locally with one 3 ms duration a very short flash (Dirac) and I would like to see the evolution during the time of the wave of heat through volume.
The problem it is that I do not know how to enter a function describing during time the flow received by my field.
In which menu of Comsol is necessary it to go?
Help me because it is very important.
Thank you.

1. What is Comsol?

Comsol is a multiphysics simulation software used by scientists and engineers to model and analyze physical systems and phenomena. It allows for the coupling of different physics and provides a user-friendly interface for creating and solving complex simulations.

2. What are common problems encountered when using Comsol?

Some common problems users encounter when using Comsol include difficulties with meshing, convergence issues, and errors in the physics settings. These can often be resolved by adjusting simulation parameters or reaching out to the Comsol support team for assistance.

3. How do I troubleshoot errors in my Comsol simulation?

If you encounter errors in your Comsol simulation, the first step is to carefully review the error message and check for any obvious mistakes in your model setup. You can also try adjusting simulation parameters or simplifying your model to see if the error persists. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can reach out to the Comsol support team for further assistance.

4. Is Comsol suitable for my specific research application?

Comsol is a versatile software that can be used for a wide range of research applications, including heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and structural mechanics. It is best suited for problems involving multiple physics and complex geometries. If you are unsure if Comsol is the right tool for your research, you can explore the Comsol website or contact their support team for more information.

5. Can I use Comsol for educational purposes?

Yes, Comsol offers educational licenses for students and educators to use the software for teaching and learning purposes. These licenses are available at a discounted rate and provide access to the same features as the commercial version of Comsol. Additionally, Comsol offers free resources, such as webinars and tutorial videos, to help users learn how to use the software effectively.