What is the price of petrol/gasoline in your country?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the cost of living is increasing and this will spark inflation. The price of petrol was just increased in Malaysia to RM1.42 which is $1.45 per gallon. In the United States, it is $1.85 per gallon. Prices in Canada are about the same as the United States, but in Kansas it is a few cents cheaper and in Missouri it is cheaper. The cost of living in Ontario, Canada is $2.80 per gallon. In India, the price of petrol is Rs. 1.96 per gallon. Wisconsin has a law where stations do not undercut each other, which results in the price being $1.90 per gallon. The cost of living in South Carolina
Saint
In malaysia, it was just increased to USD0.38/litre (RM1.42) this morning.
Cost of living is increasing, petrol's price will spark inflation! :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
That's about $1.45 per gallon...which is incredibly low !

http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/statistics/world_gasoline_prices.html

Last edited by a moderator:
85cents Canadian per litre, extrememly high for here

about $5.80 per gallon USD here in United Kingdom

Same as iwiws.

I don't really care though they should crank it up to a dollar, so the old cars can't afford to stay on the road. They stink like ass.

US$2.30 per gallon for regular grade here in California.

- Warren

chroot said:
US$2.30 per gallon for regular grade here in California.
US $1.85 per gallon for regular in Kansas, a few cents cheaper in Missouri.

Converting to USD and Gallons, about $2.47USD/Gallon here in beautiful Ontario, Canada.

I think it's about $2.80/gallon or so, for regular unleaded, in India.

I paid $1.96 a gallon yesterday in Wisconsin. Wisconsin seems to have some kind of fair-trading law; you never see a station undercutting the others.

~$1.90 in Southeastern PA (though it drops off fast as you leave the city).

Evo said:
US $1.85 per gallon for regular in Kansas, a few cents cheaper in Missouri.

Pretty much the same as it is here in South Carolina. Man, I remember when gas used to be $0.69 a gallon.

Surely if I say to you it's 1 Euro/litre here, it has no meaning for you.

We should reach a settlement and post the figures in an international system units: the litre in the name of Europe, and the $$ in the name of USA.

So that, here it is 0.83 $$US / litre. But we take home a lot of less money than you every month, and prices are higher (this is the Hell).

Saint said:
In malaysia, it was just increased to USD0.38/litre (RM1.42) this morning.
Cost of living is increasing, petrol's price will spark inflation! :cry:

I pay $2.21 per gallon, which is a heck of a lot more. Of course its also fair to point out that average incomes are much higher here than in malaysia, but in a state where no one lives where they work and everyone commutes 30-60 minutes, gas is expensive.

Chrono said:
Pretty much the same as it is here in South Carolina. Man, I remember when gas used to be $0.69 a gallon.

i remember when it it was $1.85... its 2.21 now...damn lucky midwest with their cheap gas...

franznietzsche said:
i remember when it it was $1.85... its 2.21 now...damn lucky midwest with their cheap gas...

Well sure. That's because it's God's country, you know. :rolleyes:

I live in Omaha it has been as high as 2.03 for regular unleaded

JasonRox said:
Same as iwiws.

I don't really care though they should crank it up to a dollar, so the old cars can't afford to stay on the road. They stink like ass.
hold your hoeses there bud, now i own an 85 camaro V8 of course, perfect condition, it does not stick or nothing, why should people like me who love old cars be deprived of our love, just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone shouldn't like them.

but even if it is a buck per litre i don't care i have enough money to support it anyways

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
hold your hoeses there bud, now i own an 85 camaro V8 of course, perfect condition, it does not stick or nothing, why should people like me who love old cars be deprived of our love, just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone shouldn't like them.

but even if it is a buck per litre i don't care i have enough money to support it anyways

I have to agree that a well maintained classic is a beautiful thing. Note I said "well maintained". Driving around a rusted out S***box because you're 16 and it's all you can afford to keep it running isn't what I mean.

And I shudder that you're calling an 85 camaro a classic like it's an ancient car- my first was an 83 lynx *shakes his cane at you*

Connecticut is hovering at $2/gal. IT depends on what town you are in. We can drive over to Rhode Island and save about 10 cents per, but that's out of the way.

About $2.00/gal in Buffalo, NY

i_wish_i_was_smart said:

I wasn't referring to that.

If I were in a car forum, I would have been more specific, but since I'm not I had to go with the general thought of an old car, which is rusted piece of junk.

well thanks for clarifying, and Zantra i don't consider my car a classic, although by rights it is, its 20 years old, and any car over 20 is a classic, my car is well maintained, rebuilt, the engine is rebuilt, it purs like a kitten, its my pride and joy, mainly because i shed so much blood, sweat and tears in that car

the prices in the US are unbelievably low.. only $2 in california?

here in the Netherlands we pay $6.05/gallon (€1,29/liter) for the cheapest petrol, $6.25 for the higher grade and $6.39 for the good quality petrol.. anyone, try to beat those prices :devil:

Ofcourse, at the same time we should be asking how many miles a gallon of petrol is going to last.. I just asked my friend who drives an Audi TT (yes :approve:) and he says he can drive 23.6 miles on a gallon (11 km on a liter).

Last edited:
Actually, I've seen him average 8,3 liters/100 km.. which would be 12km/liter = 28,4 miles/gallon.. and that for a sportscar :tongue: isn't it a pretty car? it reminds me of a black panther :approve:

Last edited:
Monique, you're from Holland?
Very nice country, are u in Armstedam?

It's about $1.90 in Central Ohio (regular).

I have a dirty, old 92' Honda Accord, that gives me over 30 miles/gall. consistently. I'm happy. :smile:

I found one station with $1.78/gallon today (southwest Ohio), but the rest were around 1.85/gallon. My car gives me about 25 miles/gallon with city/local driving. I think I do better on highways, but have never hit an open stretch of road long enough to not have to keep slowing and accelerating around other cars long enough to really get a measure of mileage on highways. Except it also has a small gas tank, so still needs to be filled up just as frequently as those monster SUVs (except my tank of gas only costs me $12 to $15 depending how close to empty it is and how high the prices are, instead of $50 to fill those SUVs :smile:).

Monique said:
the prices in the US are unbelievably low.. only $2 in california?

here in the Netherlands we pay $6.05/gallon (€1,29/liter) for the cheapest petrol, $6.25 for the higher grade and $6.39 for the good quality petrol.. anyone, try to beat those prices :devil:

Ofcourse, at the same time we should be asking how many miles a gallon of petrol is going to last.. I just asked my friend who drives an Audi TT (yes :approve:) and he says he can drive 23.6 miles on a gallon (11 km on a liter).

Yes European gas prices are higher. But i had a 53 mile commute to work each way. Thats 106 miles every day. Had to refill my car every 3 days, $30 each time (15 gal tank, gas hovered aroun $2.02 before i moved, its gone ups ince then). Thats $10 per day, so i spent about $1000 US on gas this past summer alone. Thats the price of not living in the slum you work in: commuter lifestyle indeed.

Ofcourse, at the same time we should be asking how many miles a gallon of petrol is going to last.. I just asked my friend who drives an Audi TT (yes ) and he says he can drive 23.6 miles on a gallon (11 km on a liter).

On my trip, my 2000 Honda Odyssey got over 23 mpg. It depends on the driving; in town I get around 19.

franznietzsche said:
Yes European gas prices are higher. But i had a 53 mile commute to work each way. Thats 106 miles every day. Had to refill my car every 3 days, $30 each time (15 gal tank, gas hovered aroun $2.02 before i moved, its gone ups ince then). Thats $10 per day, so i spent about $1000 US on gas this past summer alone. Thats the price of not living in the slum you work in: commuter lifestyle indeed.
My friend commutes 50 miles each day, that would come to about $12 a day :) you'd pay the same amount of money if you were to go by train.

What is the price of petrol/gasoline in your country?

The price of petrol/gasoline in my country varies depending on several factors such as location, type of fuel, and current market conditions. However, on average, the price ranges from $2.50 to $3.00 per gallon.

What factors influence the price of petrol/gasoline in your country?

There are several factors that influence the price of petrol/gasoline in my country. These include global oil prices, taxes, transportation costs, and supply and demand. Political instability and natural disasters can also affect the price.

Why does the price of petrol/gasoline fluctuate?

The price of petrol/gasoline fluctuates due to changes in global oil prices, supply and demand, and government policies. For example, during times of high demand, the price may increase, while during times of oversupply, the price may decrease.

How does the price of petrol/gasoline impact the economy?

The price of petrol/gasoline has a significant impact on the economy. As it is a primary source of energy for transportation, changes in its price can affect the cost of goods and services, inflation, and consumer spending. It also affects the profitability of companies in the oil and gas industry.

Is the price of petrol/gasoline expected to increase or decrease in the future?

Predicting the future price of petrol/gasoline is challenging as it is influenced by various factors. However, with the increasing demand for alternative energy sources and efforts to reduce carbon emissions, it is expected that the price may gradually increase in the future.