Calculation of the Distance to the Moons Apogee/Perigee ?

In summary, the conversation is about wanting to calculate the perigee and apogee of the Moon to see if there are any anomalies in the distance from the Earth. The person is looking for accurate orbit data and is considering programming it themselves. They also mention links that may be helpful for satellite orbital decay calculations and a lunar perigee and apogee calculator.
Bjarne
I want to calculate whether the perigee / apogee of the Moon always takes place at the exact same distances (radius to Earth) as measured by the LLR (Lunar Laser Ranging).

I trust that we know the size of the orbit of the moon very exactly, and also that the orbit is growing larger.

But I want to check whether calculation of the perigee / apogee happens the exact same distance as measured, to test if there should be any (periodical) distance (radius) anomaly.

My questions are;
  • Is that already done?
  • Does it already exsist such software?
  • Who is into that “business” ?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Perhaps these links might prove helpful.

Satellite Orbital Decay Calculations

http://www.ips.gov.au/Category/Educational/Space%20Weather/Space%20Weather%20Effects/SatelliteOrbitalDecayCalculations.pdf

Lunar Perigee and Apogee Calculator
http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html

Radrook said:
Perhaps these links might prove helpful.

No, I am looking for a much more accurate orbit data of the Moons orbit, I think I have to program it my self
All advise are welcome.

1. How is the distance to the Moon's apogee/perigee calculated?

The distance to the Moon's apogee/perigee is calculated using the equation d = r(1+e), where d is the distance, r is the average distance between the Earth and Moon, and e is the eccentricity of the Moon's orbit.

2. What is the difference between apogee and perigee?

Apogee is the point in the Moon's orbit where it is farthest from the Earth, while perigee is the point where it is closest to the Earth. The difference between the two distances is about 43,000 kilometers.

3. How often does the Moon reach apogee/perigee?

The Moon reaches apogee and perigee once every lunar month, or about 29.5 days. This is because the Moon's orbit around the Earth is not perfectly circular, causing its distance from the Earth to vary.

4. How does the Moon's distance at apogee/perigee affect tides on Earth?

The Moon's distance at apogee and perigee does not have a significant impact on tides on Earth. The main factor that affects tides is the alignment of the Earth, Moon, and Sun. However, during perigee, the Moon appears slightly larger in the sky, which can result in slightly higher tides.

5. Is the distance to the Moon's apogee/perigee constant?

No, the distance to the Moon's apogee/perigee is not constant. It can vary due to factors such as the gravitational pull of other planets and the changing distance between the Earth and Moon as the Moon's orbit is affected by the Earth's gravity.