Question on induced emf in a loop

In summary, a student in a high school AP class is seeking help with a problem involving induced emf. The problem describes a loop of wire in a magnetic field and asks for the induced emf. The back of the book provides the answer and mentions that the magnetic field is decreasing at a certain rate. The student later updates that the initial magnitude of the magnetic field is 0.750 T and it is decreasing at a rate of -0.0350 T/s. There is also a request for the full text of the problem to avoid confusion.
Giuseppe
Hey, I'm in a high school AP class and am stuck! Can anyone help me with this problem concerning induced emf? I would surely appreciate it.

There is a loop of wire, shaped like a square. Each side is 20 cm long.
There is a magnetic field directed into the page.

What would be the way of finding out what the induced emf in the loop. The back of the book says that the answer is 1.40 x 10^-4 Volts.

Physics news on Phys.org
That magnetic field must produce a varying magnetic flux.So how about telling the whole story...?

Daniel.

Its ok, I found out how to do it. I forgot to mention that the Magnetic field has an initial magnitude of .750 T, and is decreasing at a rate of -.0350 T/S (there's your reason for changing magnetic flux) :approve:

Please,next time,write the text of the problem.That way,we'd avoid confusions or misunderstandings...

Daniel.

no problem.

What is induced emf?

Induced emf is the electromotive force that is generated in a conducting loop when there is a change in the magnetic flux passing through the loop.

How is induced emf calculated?

Induced emf can be calculated by multiplying the rate of change of magnetic flux by the number of turns in the loop.

What factors affect the magnitude of induced emf?

The magnitude of induced emf is affected by the rate of change of magnetic flux, the number of turns in the loop, and the strength of the magnetic field.

What is Lenz's Law and how does it relate to induced emf?

Lenz's Law states that the direction of induced emf will always oppose the change in magnetic flux that caused it. This means that the direction of the induced current in the loop will be such that it creates a magnetic field that opposes the change in the original magnetic field.

How is induced emf used in practical applications?

Induced emf is used in many practical applications, including generators, transformers, and induction cooktops. It is also used in technologies such as electromagnetic induction charging for devices like smartphones and electric cars.