Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion

• Thread starter Jeff Ford
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Series
In summary, the conversation is about a series of books on scientific topics that contain mainly problems with solutions and minimal discussion. One person has looked through them and found them useful for those who need worked examples. Another person owns multiple books from the series and finds them great.
Jeff Ford
There are a number of books in this series dealing with all sort of scientific topics. Has anyone read any of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am fairly certain that these books are just lots and lots of problems with solutions. Not any discussion. I may be thinking of the wrong books though.
Cheers,
Ryan

I looked through one of those at a Borders. They are pretty much like Norman described. Lots of worked problems, and minimal discussion.

Seemed pretty good for what it was though.

These books are great if you are the kind of person that needs lots of worked examples, which a lot of standard textbooks do not come with. As far as I'm concerned, they're great. I have 5 of them.

1. What is the purpose of the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion"?

The purpose of the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion" is to provide a platform for individuals to discuss and review various problem-solving techniques and strategies. The series aims to promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills by sharing different perspectives and approaches.

2. Who can participate in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion"?

Anyone can participate in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion" as long as they have a passion for problem-solving and are willing to engage in constructive discussions. The series welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and levels of expertise.

3. How often are new discussions and reviews posted in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion"?

New discussions and reviews are posted in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion" on a regular basis, usually once a week. However, the frequency may vary depending on the availability of new topics and contributions from participants.

4. Can I suggest a topic for discussion or submit a review for the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion"?

Yes, suggestions for new topics and reviews are highly encouraged in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion". Participants can submit their suggestions through the designated channels or by contacting the organizers directly.

5. How can I benefit from participating in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion"?

Participating in the "Problem Solvers Series: Reviews & Discussion" can benefit individuals in various ways, such as expanding their problem-solving skills, learning new techniques and approaches, and networking with like-minded individuals. It also provides an opportunity to practice critical thinking and receive feedback from others.