An object and two lenses - Is this right?

In summary, the conversation discusses the location and relative size of an image seen by an eye looking through a convex lens and concave mirror. The object is placed at 2F1 and the image will be formed at 2F1 and inverted. For the concave mirror, the image will be formed at i using the formula 1/p + 1/i = 1/f. An upright image will be formed at 2f, which will then go back through the lens and form an inverted image at 2f1 of twice the size. The concave mirror magnifies the image using the formula m = -i/p. The conversation ends with a request for confirmation and a missing diagram.
stunner5000pt
ok have a look at the pdiagram i drew

the thing in the middle is a convex thin lens and to the right is a concave mirror. The arrow on the left stands for the object, the object is placed at 2F1. The convex lens to cancave mirro length is 2(f1 + f2)
Find the location of the nature and relative size of the image seen by an eye looking to the mirror throught hte lens.

Now the image will be formed at 2F1 and will be inverted.
For the concave mirror the image will be formed at i using this formula
[tex] \frac{1}{p} + \frac{1}{i} = \frac{1}{f} [/tex]

an upriught image will be formed at 2f. Now this image will go back through the lens and form an inverted image at 2f1 of twice the size because the oncave mirror magnified it by using m = -i / p .

is this right?? do tell ! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
where's the diagram

Yes, your diagram and explanation seem to be correct! The object is placed at 2F1, which is the focal point of the convex lens, and the image is formed at the same location, but inverted. The concave mirror also forms an image at i, and when this image goes through the lens, it is magnified and inverted at 2F1. Great job on using the formula for concave mirrors and understanding the concept of magnification. Keep up the good work!

1. What is an object and two lenses?

An object and two lenses refer to a system of two lenses placed in close proximity to each other, with an object placed in front of the first lens. This setup is used in optics experiments to observe the behavior of light as it passes through the lenses.

2. How does an object and two lenses work?

The first lens, known as the objective lens, collects and focuses light from the object onto the second lens, known as the eyepiece lens. The eyepiece lens then magnifies the image formed by the objective lens, allowing us to see a larger, clearer image of the object.

3. What is the purpose of using two lenses instead of one?

Using two lenses allows for greater magnification and clearer images. This is because each lens has its own unique properties that contribute to the overall magnification and clarity of the final image. Additionally, using two lenses can also help correct any distortions or aberrations caused by a single lens.

4. How do you determine the magnification of an object and two lenses system?

The magnification of an object and two lenses system is determined by dividing the focal length of the objective lens by the focal length of the eyepiece lens. For example, if the objective lens has a focal length of 10 cm and the eyepiece lens has a focal length of 5 cm, the magnification would be 10/5 = 2.

5. What are some practical applications of an object and two lenses system?

An object and two lenses system is commonly used in microscopes, telescopes, and cameras to magnify and enhance images. It is also used in various scientific experiments and research to study the behavior of light and to observe microscopic objects that are otherwise invisible to the naked eye.