Have you heard of The Flying Circus of Physics?

In summary, "Flying Circus of Physics" is a book written by Jearl Walker that offers curious, entertaining, and thought-provoking demonstrations and experiments to explain various concepts in physics. It is intended for a wide audience, including students, teachers, and anyone interested in learning about physics in a fun and engaging way. The book covers a variety of topics in physics, and can be used as a teaching tool in classrooms and science clubs. It is suitable for readers of all ages, with demonstrations that can be adapted to different age groups.
Ravenlock
Reading this forum made me think about a book I picked up years ago called The Flying Circus of Physics with Answers written by Jearl Walker. It is an excellent book that answers lots of general physics questions that poeple ask. If you never heard of it, look it up, I think many of you will like it.

Ravenlock

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, a fun book. I have the original edition--without answers. No wonder I don't know anything!

What is "Flying Circus of Physics"?

"Flying Circus of Physics" is a book written by Jearl Walker, a physicist and educator. It is a collection of curious, entertaining, and thought-provoking demonstrations and experiments that explain various concepts in physics.

Who is the target audience for "Flying Circus of Physics"?

The book is intended for a wide audience, including students, teachers, and anyone interested in learning about physics in a fun and engaging way. It does not require any advanced knowledge of physics, making it accessible to all readers.

What topics are covered in "Flying Circus of Physics"?

The book covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, waves, and optics. It also includes demonstrations related to everyday phenomena and interesting scientific facts.

Can "Flying Circus of Physics" be used as a teaching tool?

Yes, the book can be used as a teaching tool in classrooms and science clubs. It provides clear explanations and instructions for the demonstrations, making it easy for teachers to incorporate them into their lessons. It can also be used as a supplemental resource for students to explore physics concepts in a hands-on way.

Is "Flying Circus of Physics" suitable for all ages?

Yes, the book is suitable for readers of all ages. It is written in a fun and engaging style that appeals to both children and adults. The demonstrations can also be adapted to different age groups, making it a versatile resource for learning about physics at any level.