Ladies this is for you (hot men)

• Thread starter gizmo6
  • Start date
In summary, some ladies think that Professor Brian Cox is smokin' and others think he's not so hot. Lisa Randall is not someone some ladies would like and she has an odd-looking jawline.
gizmo6
Ladies... this is for you! (hot men)

Any one agree with me that Prof. Brian Cox is smokin? I mean, he's got it all in my books: highly intelligent, superb musician, good sense of humor and he's so dizzyingly, hypnotically engaging. I could listen to him talk about the universe all day long. He may be a bit old for me but, oh well, so is George Clooney and he's still a hunkaspunk! Know of any other hot scientists?
(I can't get that bloody image thing to work!)

Attachments

• briancox.jpg
    briancox.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Cox is a younger (and much more accomplished) version of Jackson Browne, IMO. Ever heard of a theoretical physicist from Harvard named Lisa? Some ladies would like her too, depending on their preferences.

That Brian is so hot right now.

Dembadon said:
That Brian is so hot right now.
Maybe my preferences are different. Lisa is as hot as can be, IMO

turbo said:
Maybe my preferences are different. Lisa is as hot as can be, IMO

Or maybe not! I just realized that the only replies thus far in a thread for ladies are by two men! :devil: :redface:My previous post was a Zoolander moment.

Last edited:

I can't be the only girl on this forum!

turbo said:
Cox is a younger (and much more accomplished) version of Jackson Browne, IMO. Ever heard of a theoretical physicist from Harvard named Lisa? Some ladies would like her too, depending on their preferences.

Lisa Randall?

1125757701_1252.jpg

She just doesn't do it for me. I think she has an odd looking jawline.

QuarkCharmer said:
Lisa Randall?

She just doesn't do it for me. I think she has an odd looking jawline.
Odd-looking? Jodi Foster could play her without a bit of makeup or prep. Very pretty woman, IMO.

turbo said:
Odd-looking? Jodi Foster could play her without a bit of makeup or prep. Very pretty woman, IMO.

That's a very true statement. Jodie Foster could make a perfect Lisa Randall, as could her doppelganger Helen Hunt.

Cox is a cutie, but some of his words are very annoying "MEE thane"

If Jodie foster could make a perfect Lisa Randall, then I think Aussie prime minister would make a pretty good Jodie Foster with some air brushing! She claims to be the smartest woman in Australia lol

Foster can't play Randall. She's already played Jill Tarter.

Absolute truth - Brian Cox looks a lot like I did about twenty years ago, so I thank you all retrospectively.

Ivan Seeking said:
Foster can't play Randall. She's already played Jill Tarter.
There you go! Jodi's already got a leg up on the Lisa Randall character because of her previous experience. Now, if Randall can come up with an important insight in physics, Jodi might have a new character to play.

Ivan Seeking said:
Absolute truth - Brian Cox looks a lot like I did about twenty years ago, so I thank you all retrospectively.
Pictures, Ivan!

turbo said:
Pictures, Ivan!

Heh, not a chance online. Tsu can vouch for me though.

Honestly, the first time I saw the guy the similarities were instantly recognizable. In many ways there is a strong resemblance, right down to the hair style that I had back then.

You can find more hot scientist here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=423230 [Broken]

Ivan Seeking said:
Heh, not a chance online. Tsu can vouch for me though.

Honestly, the first time I saw the guy the similarities were instantly recognizable. In many ways there is a strong resemblance, right down to the hair style that I had back then.

You're taken!:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the purpose of "Ladies this is for you (hot men)"?

The purpose of this phrase is to capture the attention of women and potentially attract them to a specific event or product that is targeted towards men who are considered attractive or "hot".

Is this phrase discriminatory towards men who are not considered "hot"?

While the phrase may suggest a focus on physical appearance, it is ultimately up to individual interpretation. It is important to remember that everyone has different preferences and definitions of attractiveness.

Does this phrase reinforce societal beauty standards?

Again, this can be a matter of interpretation. However, it is important to recognize that society's beauty standards can be harmful and exclusionary. It is important for individuals to challenge and redefine these standards.

Are there any negative consequences of using this phrase?

Depending on the context and intent, using this phrase may reinforce negative stereotypes and perpetuate objectification of individuals based on their appearance. It is important to be mindful of the potential impact of our words and actions.

What are some alternatives to using this phrase?

Instead of focusing on physical appearance, try using inclusive language that appeals to a wider audience, such as "Attention all women" or "Calling all ladies". This can also help promote a more inclusive and diverse message.