Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculas Homework Help NEEDED

In summary: There are 48 bacteria after 0 minutes, 144 bacteria after 15 minutes, and 288 bacteria after 15*2 minutes.
livestrong136
TO EVERYBODY, THIS IS NOT MY HOMEWORK. I HAVE A TEST TOM and these are some questions that I just don't know how to do, I gave attempts to some and some I am just missing something. Plus, these questions are from all over the unit so its not my homework. I need it done asap. So then I know how someone did it and I can understand that way as fast as possible. Thank-you. ALSO SOME OF THEM I MANAGED TO WRITE WHAT I GOT BUT SOME DERIVATIVES QUESTIONS WERE TOO COMPLICATED TO TYPE.

-----------------------------------------------------
1. Find the derivative of the following functions using the f(x+h) - f(x)/h

a. ƒ(x) = 1/2x Show all your steps

It did it but I am not getting the right answer.

Just remember its not (1/2)x. It should be 1/(2x)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. A rocket is fired into the air with an initial velocity of 98 m/s. The height ( h ) of the rocket after t seconds is given by the expression h = 98t - 4.9t2.
a. What the average rate of change for the first 2 seconds.Time Height
0 0
1 93.1
2 176.1

Average rate of change = 88.2 m

I know the answer is 88.2. But can anyone please show me the steps thnx.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. If you invest $5000 compounded continuously at 4% p.a. how much will this investment be worth in 5 years?

you should use the formula A(t) = Pe^(rt)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. A population of 500 E. coli bacteria doubles every 15 minutes. Use this information to find an expression for this population growth. Using this expression, find what the population would be in 87 minutes. Use an exponential model.

In P(t) = 500 e^kt
for minutes, then:

1000 = 500 e^15k
2 = e^15k
15k = ln2
k = (ln2)/15

Now, I am stuck.
Now, can someone use the formula A(t) = Poe^(kt), and sub in what you know and sub in 87 for t to find A(t).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. c. What is the equation for the derivative of y = (0.75)x?

I GOT THIS y = 1.00000022063(0.75)x
I have 1.000(0.75)^x as an answer, but the 1.000... is incorrect.. CAN SOMEONE FIX IT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Find the derivative of the following functions using the f(x+h) - f(x)/h Show all your steps

a. ƒ(x) = x^2 + 5x

b. ƒ(x)= 1/2^x

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please provide attempts to ALL the questions, or this will be deleted.

micromass said:
Please provide attempts to ALL the questions, or this will be deleted.

Well some of them I don't know where to begin. SO that means I CANT GET HELP HERE IF I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START. plus, these are only 6 questions and some of them I have written down by answer and some of them i am half done. But some I just don't know where to begin so that means I can't get help? :(

Can you just answer these please, I'll learn from the answers, these are these only six I am stuck on, if I get these, then I am good.

1 and 6. Plug in everything in (f(x+h)-f(x))/h

2. What is the elevant formula for average rate of change?

3 and 4. What is P, r and t?

5. You have something of the form y=ax for a constant. What is the relevant formula?

livestrong136 said:
Can you just answer these please, I'll learn from the answers, these are these only six I am stuck on, if I get these, then I am good.

No. This is not how this forum works. Do not ask again.

micromass said:
No. This is not how this forum works. Do not ask again.

OK so if I don't know where to start that means I can't ask for help?

livestrong136 said:
OK so if I don't know where to start that means I can't ask for help?

I gave you hints/suggestions in post 5.

FOR # 4

P= 5000
i= .04/365 = .0001096
n=1025

5000 (1.0001096)^1025
= 5594.43

I asked my teacher too she said my answer is only like 500 away plus she told me to use the formula A(t) = Poe^(kt), and sub in what you know and sub in 87 for t to find A(t).

livestrong136 said:
FOR # 4

P= 5000
i= .04/365 = .0001096
n=1025

5000 (1.0001096)^1025
= 5594.43

I asked my teacher too she said my answer is only like 500 away plus she told me to use the formula A(t) = Poe^(kt), and sub in what you know and sub in 87 for t to find A(t).

I don't know the name of your variables.

Try it this way:

After 0 minutes, there are 500 bacteria.
After 15 minutes, there are 500*2 bacteria
After 15*2 minutes, there are 500*2² bacteria
How many bacteria are there after 15n minutes?

For #1, I don't know how to put in, this is what I did

1/2(x+h) - 1/2(x)
----------------
h

BUT ITS NOT (1/2)x. It should be 1/(2x).. and I don't know how to put in 1/(2x)

So you have

[tex]\frac{\frac{1}{2(x+h)}-\frac{1}{2x}}{h}[/tex]

Try to add up the two fractions in the numerator.

I got to this point...

(1/2x) + (1/2h) - (1/2x) x (1/h)

livestrong136 said:
I got to this point...

(1/2x) + (1/2h) - (1/2x) x (1/h)

Nooooooo.

It is NOT true that 1/a + 1/b = 1/(a+b).

Try to add up the fractions using the correct formula. Hows do you add up two fractions?

I am really confused.

or you meant...

1/(2x+2h)-1/2x ... wouldn't it be 1/2h left? so we have 1/2h x 1/h.. we cross multiply, we get h/2h= 1/2

No, that is incorrect.
You should review how to add up fractions.

livestrong136 said:
or you meant...

1/(2x+2h)-1/2x ... wouldn't it be 1/2h left? so we have 1/2h x 1/h.. we cross multiply, we get h/2h= 1/2

Well, suppose x = 1 and h = 0.1. You want to compute 1/2.2 - 1/2, and you are asking whether this equals 1/0.2. Just compute it and see for yourself.

RGV

1. What is "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help"?

"Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help" is a type of academic assistance that is designed to help students in grade 12 with their calculus homework. It focuses on the fundamental concepts and techniques of calculus, such as derivatives, integrals, and limits.

2. Who can benefit from "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help"?

Any student in grade 12 who is struggling with their calculus homework can benefit from "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help". This includes students who are having difficulty understanding the concepts, as well as those who need help with solving problems and completing assignments.

3. How can "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help" improve my grades?

By providing you with personalized assistance and guidance, "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help" can help you better understand the concepts and techniques of calculus. This can lead to improved grades on assignments and exams.

4. What makes "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help" different from other forms of tutoring?

"Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help" is specifically tailored to the needs of grade 12 students and their calculus curriculum. The assistance is provided by experts in the field of calculus who have a deep understanding of the material and can provide targeted help to address your specific challenges.

5. How can I access "Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help"?

"Couple Simple Grade 12 Calculus Homework Help" can be accessed through various means, such as in-person tutoring sessions, online tutoring platforms, or through study groups. You can also look for resources and materials online that can supplement your learning and help you with your homework.