Register to reply

Transform Word Doc to PDF and PDF to Word Doc.

by yungman
Tags: transform, word
Share this thread:
yungman
Jun13-12, 03:41 AM
P: 3,898
Hi

I am looking for free software that can transform Word Doc to PDF. Maybe PDF back to Word Doc. Any suggestion on which one is good?

Thanks Alan
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
NewtonianAlch
Jun13-12, 03:45 AM
P: 446
Most of the recent office software can already convert your doc files to pdf.

Just google it, there are online converters.

http://www.doc2pdf.net/
bobm
Jun13-12, 10:16 AM
P: 30
"Newtonian" is right; most office apps these days can save to PDF. For conversion in the other direction though, I sometimes use PDF2Office, but if your PDF has math in it, it doesn't do a great job of that. If your PDF has math in it, consider InftyReader. It's the only OCR solution I'm aware of, but it's pretty pricey.

gsal
Jun13-12, 12:53 PM
P: 890
Transform Word Doc to PDF and PDF to Word Doc.

I don't quite know what your actual needs are and where your request is coming from; but it so happens that, last night, I was reading on LML (Lightweight Markup Languages)...in other words, maybe you should consider an LML for your "original" document, instead of starting with Word, from where you can generate just about anything.

my 2 cetns
yungman
Jun14-12, 02:28 AM
P: 3,898
Quote Quote by NewtonianAlch View Post
Most of the recent office software can already convert your doc files to pdf.

Just google it, there are online converters.

http://www.doc2pdf.net/
Thanks, I downloaded this and it works.

Alan
Billy33
Jun14-12, 10:58 PM
P: 2
Creating PDF from Word doc is easy since there are lots of freeware and Microsoft have the ability to save as PDF directly (07,10). Converting PDF back to Word seems more difficult. I've tried some apps and they failed to keep the original formatting. Any ideas?
rodyroon
Jul3-12, 12:18 AM
P: 1
Kernel for Word to PDF is capable of converting large number of doc files to PDF. It supports conversion of both doc and docx files of MS word. The software also support conversion of Unicode characters of word documents. Using this program one can retrieve texts, tables, images, stored procedures, hyperlinks and indexes from the word files and save in new PDF files. The converted files can be accessed by the user with Adobe acrobat, foxit reader or other PDF reader.

Register to reply