Tags: iphone, tracker
Share this thread:
Monique
Dec17-13, 02:55 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
I'm taking driving lessons and can't keep track of the locations I drive around in, so I wish to record my GPS location on a map for later reviewing. What are some good iPhone apps that allow for GPS recording?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
DavidSnider
Dec17-13, 03:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 469
MapMyRide. It's intended for bikes but I think it should track just fine.
Monique
Dec17-13, 03:43 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Great suggestion, thanks! The lessons are two hours and sometimes I come across an intersection, roundabout or complex interchange road that are really confusing and for some reason I can't find them back in Google maps.

Now I just know that when TomTom tells me to go to "S102", I most likely need to get to the left side of the road asap before an overpass. The navigator, signs, and road marks are too confusing. An example: I need to get onto a freeway, read the signs, the destination is not on the signs, what is the alternative destination, S102, where is it on the signs, can't see it, read the signs, stay in the right lane, don't go right, go left! (change three lanes to the left in heavy traffic) why don't you read the signs, didn't you see the sign? Um, no, the closest number I saw was S103 I passed that crazy interchange two times now and just don't get where the roads are going to, I don't even get where exactly the location is, that clearly needs to change.

Monique
Dec18-13, 05:22 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
IPhone GPS tracker

And it works! I have seven lessons left before my exam, this is a great reviewing tool
Attached Thumbnails
mapride.png  

Register to reply