Choosing Between Engineering

In summary: To be an Engineer and make a good living at the same time. Although it's not easy it does exist. I'm thinking if I took up Buisness Managment then maybe could get a head role in and elctronics or scientific company. Would that be wiser? I know you don't have to study nearly as hard in buissness and could quite possibly make more..
Line
I am at a crossroads in life and am choosing between types of engineering. I might just go into Physics. I'll either become a nuclear,electrical,or aerospace engineer. I don't know which oen pays the most or is that hardest but I'd liek to try one of them.

I like the last 2 cause they are offered everywhere and UT Austin has an Engineering Route to Buisness program which allows you to take a head role in a company while getting engineering courses. Nuclear is only offered at a select set of universities.

I don't know if I should just gointo one or if it's possible to take them all. Go with one sort for a few year, takeup another, then another for a few years. These 3 are interesting cause they kinda feed into one another. I know many people havebecome many kinds of engineers but is it possible to be 2 or more at once?

Electrical I'm sure has a lot of jobs but I'm not sure about the other 2. But then there's the difference between electrical and electronics engineering. Almost the same but electronics deals with electronics more of course. WHile elctrical also deals with power computer engineering deals with computers. It's really kinda hard to distinguish it from electronics engineering . Lastly most universities off courses in computer science. Just one question, just what do computers have to do with science? I could see them in the engineering or technology department but not the natural sciences department. There's hardly anything natural about computers at all.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Not to brush you off, but have a search through the Academic & Careers Advice forum, this has been asked loads of times.

As a rule, don't choose between the disciplines based on money!

Scrub that. Based on money, don't choose engineering, full stop!

Well which is easiet?

If you are asking yourself that then I think you need to re examine why you are even studying anything in this field.

Sitting around on the dole is easiest. Not much fun though.

Anyway, it's a cretinous question. Think about it!

If its job availability and pay you are after, I would suggest leaning towards one of the engineering choices.

I took up Electronics Engineerig and my god that stuff was hard.

I'm thinking if I took up Buisness Managment then maybe could get a head role in and elctronics or scientific company. Would that be wiser? I know you don't have to study nearly as hard in buissness and could quite possibly make more..

Line said:
I took up Electronics Engineerig and my god that stuff was hard.
I'm thinking if I took up Buisness Managment then maybe could get a head role in and elctronics or scientific company. Would that be wiser? I know you don't have to study nearly as hard in buissness and could quite possibly make more..

So what you like is money?

Well I like money while I like what I'm doing or vice versa. Although most of us wouldn't like to admit it but we wouldn't want to do our jobs if the money wasn't in it or we didn't enjoy what we're doing. The paradox is to combine them both.

What is the difference between engineering and other scientific fields?

Engineering involves the application of scientific principles and mathematical methods to design, develop, and improve structures, machines, processes, and systems. Other scientific fields, such as biology or physics, focus on understanding natural phenomena and processes.

What skills are necessary for a successful engineering career?

Some important skills for an engineering career include problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, strong mathematical and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and communication skills.

What are the main branches of engineering?

The main branches of engineering include mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, and computer engineering. Other sub-disciplines and specialties also exist within these branches.

What factors should I consider when choosing between engineering fields?

When choosing between engineering fields, it's important to consider your interests, strengths, career goals, salary expectations, job prospects, and the type of work environment you prefer. You may also want to research the specific job duties and responsibilities of each engineering field to determine which best aligns with your interests and skills.

What is the job outlook for engineers?

The job outlook for engineers is generally positive, with a projected growth rate of 4% from 2019 to 2029. However, the job market for specific engineering fields may vary. It's important to research the current and future demand for engineers in your desired field before making a decision.