Option 12: What Happens After Death?

• Thread starter alexsok
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary, the options above influence our expectations of everlasting life in this world; those options that presume to hold any promise of life beyond death weaken the motivation to seek effective solutions to (1) optimal health, (2) "successful" aging, and (3) dramatic life and health extension.

Death is...

• Oblivion

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • A Portal Mystery

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • A Chance to Roam the Earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another Chance at Reincarnation

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • My Ticket to Nirvana

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • A Gateway to Heaven or Hell

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • A Transition to Another Simulation

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • A Bridge to Another Realm

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • I Honestly Don't Know

Votes: 55 27.0%
  • I Don't Know and I Don't Care

Votes: 27 13.2%

• Total voters
http://oyc.yale.edu/philosophy/death/content/class-sessions

Watch the course and learn what death is (read the material to get a deeper understanding, too).

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Death is Brad Pitt in a boring movie.

Death is another dimension just like life is a dimension. What happens in death may just be another life with our soul moving on.

Personally I think when you die, you're dead (<- logic) and the electrical currents in your brain (which is you) stops flowing and you're gone forever.

*-<|:-D=<-< said:
Personally I think when you die, you're dead (<- logic) and the electrical currents in your brain (which is you) stops flowing and you're gone forever.

Quoted for truth.

Death is: never finding out what happens when you die.

life and death are like - and +. Example: -a+a=0 .

Life has always seemed to me like a plant that lives on its rhizome. Its true life is invisible, hidden in the rhizome. The part that appears above the ground lasts only a single summer. Then it withers away—an ephemeral apparition. When we think of the unending growth and decay of life and civilizations, we cannot escape the impression of absolute nullity. Yet I have never lost the sense of something that lives and endures beneath the eternal flux. What we see is blossom, which passes. The rhizome remains.

-Jung

Death is...
the end of the manifestations of the 4 fundamental forces. Starring in the play - 6.53 billion characters, Producer: Unknown

"All characters in this film are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

END.

WaveJumper said:
Death is...
the end of the manifestations of the 4 fundamental forces. Starring in the play - 6.53 billion characters, Producer: Unknown

"All characters in this film are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

END.

Nice! :D

death is life.

Daniel Y. said:
http://oyc.yale.edu/philosophy/death/content/class-sessions

Watch the course and learn what death is (read the material to get a deeper understanding, too).

Thanks for the link! I plan on following the lecture. Does Yale have other recorded classes?

Last edited:
Death is the thing at the end of the tunnel.

And just one of many unknowns.

I know that my death will be other peoples "Ticket to Nirvana".

Death is the future.

Damn! I was going to say what petm1 said, but couldn't find a good way to phrase it.

Death is your deadline.

You have already been dead for an infinite amount of time... before you were born. After you are alive, you die and it is identical to what you experienced before you were born. Absolutely nothing!

Legion81 said:
You have already been dead for an infinite amount of time... before you were born. After you are alive, you die and it is identical to what you experienced before you were born. Absolutely nothing!

Nothing dies if it hasn't been born yet. If what you're saying is true then rocks are dead... but they aren't because they've never been born. Death refers to the end of life. Not the time before life begins. Further to that, how are you so sure about what you've stated? Have you experienced any of the before birth or after death states? No, you haven't because in both states you're neurons are either unformed or... dead.