Do you prefer eggs in your sandwich or in your coat?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary: I have to agree with you there...a plain soft boiled egg with some salt is delicious. But I also love eggs benedict, poached eggs, and omelettes with cheese and veggies. In summary, the conversation is about different preferences for egg preparations, including fried eggs, scrambled eggs, soft boiled eggs, and eggs benedict. Some people also enjoy raw eggs, omelettes with various ingredients, and even using eggs in dessert dishes. A unique term, "smep't egg," is also mentioned, which stands for Super Magnetic Energy Pump and is related to the Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology.
jimmy p
Gold Member
What is your favourite type of egg preparation. I have just eaten a fried egg sandwich cos i love fried eggs, and it got me thinking, i have never asked YOU GUYS how you like your eggs. :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
boy, jimmy.. quite the inquiring mind...
ummm.. I like my eggs over easy on top of a fluffy pancake with plenty of butter.
Second favorite is the fried egg sandwich.

Scrambled with cheese.

Soft boiled with runny yolk and a fair shake of salt

Made by others: Eggs Benedict.

When I'm making them: Lightly Scrambled with a tablespoon or so of milk, a drop of vanilla, a dash of white pepper, and a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.

A truly Smep't egg is second to none.

Of course with a good pinch of salt...

Now I have to go make myself some eggs and I didn't even finish my diner yet!
Btw, I am eating Goulash and it tastes Gooood!

Goulash...mmm that's ok i suppose . I had egg in my dinner as well tonight. Egg and curry. Gonna be popular tomorrow.

Not IN my diner, the eggs are for dessert!

like THAT is any better!

Originally posted by jimmy p
like THAT is any better!

Absolutely. Egg custard pudding!

DAMMIT! foiled ! What is eggs benedict btw? ooh ooh, eggy bread is nice as well!

Originally posted by jimmy p
DAMMIT! foiled ! What is eggs benedict btw? ooh ooh, eggy bread is nice as well!

Eggs benedict is a poached egg over Canadian bacon on an English muffin and the whole thing is covered with Hollandasie sauce. Yummy.

By the way, did you hear about the guy who flew clear to Alaska for Eggs Benedict because he heard there was "No place like Nome for the Hollandaise."

I will not eat
Green eggs and ham.

Over easy, or omelette with sauteed onions, bell pepper, ham, lots of cheese and topped with salsa.

Originally posted by Evo
Over easy, or omelette with sauteed onions, bell pepper, ham, lots of cheese and topped with salsa.
WOW, Evo! You and IVAN are related in the eggs department! I LOVE Eggs Benedict! If not available, poached with butter, salt and pecker (pepper ), with toast.

OK, BLUE_CHIP, I'll bite:wink:... What's a Smep't egg? :wink:

Originally posted by Artman
... Lightly Scrambled with a tablespoon or so of milk, a drop of vanilla, a dash of white pepper, and a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.

A DROP of VANILLA? That sounds either really yummy or really yucky...hmmmmm
..I think I may have to experiment tomorrow morning..[

I likes 'em RAW.

with a dash of cinammon and a sprinkle-doo of curry

lol raw eggs... . It appears i like eggs simple unlike everyone else. Everytime i try to make something elaborate eg. omelete it ends up on the floor or in pieces across the cooker [b(] so i am pretty limited to what i can make egg-wise

I love mine omeletted with lots of fresh oysters, flour and a good dash of salt and pepper. Topped with onion sprigs and parsley. Then served with a small saucer of light soya sauce as a dip.

I could easily down 4 plates of these.

A smep't egg is an egg with a tangible yet indefinable sense of reality. such a state can be achieved when the said egg is merely held when one is in a smep't state.

S m e p

Super Magnetic Energy Pump

Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology

I have 101 more of these...

anyone can perform S m e p...

Have a go

Originally posted by BLUE_CHIP
A smep't egg is an egg with a tangible yet indefinable sense of reality. such a state can be achieved when the said egg is merely held when one is in a smep't state.

S m e p

Super Magnetic Energy Pump

Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology

I have 101 more of these...

anyone can perform S m e p...

Have a go
OK...

only on PF do I find such 'interesting' people...:wink:
Some Manically Entertaining People? SMEP! I get it!

well dang. i spelled maniacally wrong but it won't let me re-edit for some reason... but you are smart people...i think you get my drift...

I almost forgot about fluffy omelettes. Where you separate the eggs first, then you whip the whites with a pinch of salt until they're stiff, fold in the yolks, a little milk, (and again I use a drop of vanilla and some white pepper). Pour the mixture into a frying pan and put on the cover. cook until the bottom of the omelette is lightly browned (the top steams while the bottom is frying) fold in some cheese and vegetables. I haven't taken the time to make one in years because they are a bit of trouble, but they are also big, fluffy and yummy.

I like them as part of a chocolate cake!

Ok, that's cheating.

I like a cheese omelette with salsa. I tried this for the first time about 5 years ago. I thought I invented it! Why hadn't anyone told me about it before? All the wasted years of omelettes without salsa .

Njorl

Plain soft boiled eggs with a spoon is still the best..

yey Monique likes eggs simply done as well. I could eat a million fried eggs. Then i would die of grease. [b(]

0ver easy and runny. nothing is better than mopping up yoke with buttered toast!

Having lived in the south for quite a while, I will admit to loving fried eggs with runny yolks served with grits(when made right, they are WONDERFUL) and sausage. Of course with hot sauce.

And I agree with Monique, soft boiled eggs with salt and slivers of fresh baked bread to dip. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Originally posted by Peter Pan
0ver easy and runny. nothing is better than mopping up yoke with buttered toast!
Yummm Runny is the ONLY way!

how do you like your eggs?

Sunny side up, and lotsa toast.

I would not eat them on a train.
I would not eat them in the rain.

I don't eat eggs.

Basic is best. Soft poached on lightly buttered wheat toast, sprinkle of salt.

But for variety, many ways, even perhaps sprinkled with chopped parsley...
Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I will not eat
Green eggs and ham.
... or other non-Seussian souse, say, indian mango pickle (also green) - yuMMMMMM!

firefly

Originally posted by firefly
... or other non-Seussian souse, say, indian mango pickle (also green) - yuMMMMMM!
I would not eat them.

I would not eat them on a boat.
I would not eat them with a goat.