Celebrate Diwali with Joy and Happiness

• Thread starter Reshma
  • Start date
In summary, Diwali is a Hindu festival that celebrates the triumph of good over evil and light over darkness. It is typically celebrated in October or November and is marked by lighting diyas, exchanging gifts, and setting off fireworks. Diwali holds cultural and spiritual significance for Hindus and also has an impact on the environment, making it important to celebrate responsibly.
Reshma
Happy Diwali!

Today is Diwali or more appropriately Deepavali. :smile:
It is the Grand festival of Lights. I wish everyone here in PF a Very Happy and Joyous Diwali.
diwali%20diya.jpg

Let the Lights shine in everyone's lives!

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Diwali to you, too!
Here's a proper Love&Light song to all of you:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Arildno! That's a lovely song. :smile:

A very happy Diwali to all !

Happy Diwali Reshma and all!

Reshma, that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :smile:

Happy Deepavali everyone!

I'm off to watch the fireworks display :approve: . I'll try posting a few pics if I can.

What is the significance of Diwali?

Diwali, also known as the festival of lights, is a Hindu festival that celebrates the triumph of good over evil and light over darkness. It is a time for people to come together with their families and friends, and spread joy and happiness.

When is Diwali celebrated?

Diwali is typically celebrated in the months of October or November, depending on the Hindu lunar calendar. The date varies every year, but it usually falls on the darkest night of the Hindu month of Kartik.

How is Diwali celebrated?

Diwali is celebrated by lighting diyas (oil lamps) and candles, decorating homes with colorful rangolis (designs made with colored powder), exchanging gifts and sweets with loved ones, and setting off fireworks. It is also a time for prayer, reflection, and forgiveness.

Why is Diwali important?

Diwali holds great cultural and spiritual significance for Hindus, as it symbolizes the victory of good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair. It is also a time for people to express gratitude towards the gods and goddesses, and seek their blessings for a prosperous and joyful life.

What is the environmental impact of Diwali celebrations?

The use of fireworks during Diwali can contribute to air and noise pollution, which can have negative effects on the environment and human health. It is important for people to celebrate Diwali responsibly and opt for eco-friendly alternatives, such as lighting diyas or using electric lights instead of fireworks.