Drug Design Tutorials: A Guide

In summary, the conversation was about finding tutorials on drug design. The person was specifically interested in amphetamines and was recommended to visit websites such as rhodium.ws/chemistry and the-hive.ws for information on illicit drug manufacturing. It was also mentioned that not all syntheses found online can be trusted and books may be a better source for thorough information on drug design. There was also a reference to the danger of producing certain drugs, such as methamphetamines, and a suggestion to seek alternative means of employment.
nbann5000
does anyone know a website that has tutorials on drug design?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
which drug are you interested in manufacturing?

Nautica

not any particular drug.i just want tutorials on the general design of drugs.okay, let's say amphetamines.

hah
Go to rhodium's site, www.rhodium.ws/chemistry[/url] . Then go to [url]www.the-hive.ws[/URL] . You'll find all you need on illicit drug manufacturing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on. There's a big difference between drug design and drug synthesis.

If you want to make illicit drugs, I wouldn't trust anything off of the internet. Many are fakes and purposefully dangerous. One I read would have evolved hydrogen cyanide gas and quite possibly have killed the unexpecting dingus.

He said he wanted a general tutorial on the design of amphetamines. Much of that information can be found on either of the sites I listed, more prominently on rhodium's site. I actually read something from that site that was similar to just what he was asking, in the amphetamine section. Most of the information, I believe, was taken from PiHkal. It had to do with adding various groups to the benzene ring and testing the results.

Not all syntheses are illegitamite. But you are right about some of them being dangerous, notably those that come from "The Anarchist's Cookbook" or similar references. I'd trust the things from rhodium's site. I'm not saying that everything there is legatimate but I'd put my trust in most of it. But that's just me. And I don't manufacture drugs, but if I WERE into that kind of thing, I think rhodium would be the best bet.

Actually, the production of methamphetamines produces decent quantities of poison gases...there have been cases of illegal drug makers dying so fast they didn't even have a chance to get out of their chair...they just BAM! fell over dead.

Dude, just take a No-Doze and get a job somewhere, ok?

Is that Ash from Evil Dead?

Originally posted by thunderfvck
Is that Ash from Evil Dead?
Yes...yes it is.

If you really want to learn drug design, there are some very good books on the topic and will be far more thorough than a website can be. You may want to check out Richard Silverman's book (which was just updated, as I recall hearing). Although I'd suggest finding a library copy somewhere first, it's kind of expensive to actually buy the thing. :)

However, http://www.finchcms.edu/cms/biochem/walters/walters_lect/walters_lect.html [Broken] is a reasonably brief but good overview of how drug design works.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is drug design?

Drug design is the process of creating new medications or improving existing ones through the understanding of a drug's target site in the body and its interactions with specific molecules.

2. Who uses drug design?

Drug design is used by pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, and government agencies to develop new and effective medications for various diseases and conditions.

3. What are the steps involved in drug design?

The steps involved in drug design include target identification, lead compound identification, optimization, preclinical studies, and clinical trials.

4. What are the tools and techniques used in drug design?

The tools and techniques used in drug design include molecular modeling, computer-aided drug design, high-throughput screening, and structure-activity relationship analysis.

5. How can I learn more about drug design?

There are various resources available to learn more about drug design, including books, online courses, and tutorials. "Drug Design Tutorials: A Guide" is a comprehensive guide that covers the basics of drug design and provides step-by-step tutorials for various drug design techniques.