Help with my graphing calculator

In summary, the best graphing calculator for scientific experiments will depend on your specific needs and budget, with popular options including the TI-84 Plus, Casio FX-9750GII, and HP Prime. To plot multiple functions, use the "Y=" button and the "TRACE" function to see coordinates. Built-in equation solvers can be accessed through the "MATH" button or "SOLVE" function. To graph inequalities, use the "Y=" button and "SHADE" function, or adjust the viewing window with "ZOOM." For finding the intersection of two graphs, use the "2nd" and "TRACE" buttons to access the "INTERSECT" function.
minase
I was trying to build a program that let's you find the integral and shows you the curve after giving you the solution. And I don't know how to write the code for the calculator to ask you for the y value. I know how to use drawf but you can't set your zoom to zoomfit because your calculator erases the drawing after you graphed the curve. I have a ti84 calc Any ideas?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Sorry I thought this was the programming section.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your graphing calculator. Building a program that allows you to find the integral and display the curve is a great idea! I can definitely provide some suggestions for how to write the code for your calculator to ask for the y value.

First, you will need to use the "Input" command in your code. This will prompt the calculator to ask for a value from the user. For example, you can use "Input Y, " to ask for the y value. Make sure to also include a message for the user, such as "Please enter the y value for the curve."

Next, you will need to use the "drawf" command to graph the curve using the y value that the user inputs. You can use the variable Y in place of the y value in the equation for your curve. For example, if your curve equation is y = x^2, you can use "drawf Y^2" to graph the curve with the user's y value.

As for the zoom issue, you can use the "Zoom" command in your code to set the zoom to zoomfit after the curve has been graphed. This will prevent the calculator from erasing the drawing after the graph is displayed. For example, you can use "Zoom Fit" after the "drawf" command.

I hope these suggestions help you with writing the code for your graphing calculator. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask for help from your teacher or a fellow classmate. Good luck with your project!

1. What is the best graphing calculator to use for my scientific experiments?

The best graphing calculator for scientific experiments will depend on your specific needs and budget. Some popular options include the TI-84 Plus, the Casio FX-9750GII, and the HP Prime.

2. How do I plot multiple functions on my graphing calculator?

To plot multiple functions on your graphing calculator, you can use the "Y=" button to enter each function and then use the arrow keys to navigate between them. You can also use the "TRACE" function to see the coordinates of each function at specific points.

3. Can I use my graphing calculator to solve equations?

Yes, most graphing calculators have built-in equation solvers that can help you find solutions to equations. You can usually access this feature through the "MATH" button or by using the "SOLVE" function.

4. How do I graph inequalities on my calculator?

To graph inequalities on your graphing calculator, you can use the "Y=" button to enter the inequality and then shade the appropriate region using the "SHADE" function. You can also use the "ZOOM" function to adjust the viewing window and see the graph more clearly.

5. How can I use my graphing calculator to find the intersection of two graphs?

To find the intersection of two graphs on your calculator, you can use the "2nd" and "TRACE" buttons to access the "INTERSECT" function. This will allow you to find the coordinates of the point where the two graphs intersect.