Do We Already Have Evidence Of Dark Energy - Our Manifold?

In summary, there is still much to be explored and understood in regards to the potential evidence of dark energy in the form of the stiffness of the C_R manifold.
zankaon
DO WE ALREADY HAVE EVIDENCE OF DARK ENERGY - OUR MANIFOLD?

If LIGO I with it’s 10^-21 sensitivity, VIRGO etc. don’t detect gravity waves, might this then be interpreted as indicating that C_R pseudo-Riemanian spacetime continuum (i.e. manifold’s) stiffness is not INsignificant; rather than the assumption that g.w.s propagate long distance, and that it just requires a more sensitive detector? Statistically LIGO I seems to have a large enough volume and sample size for inclusion of compact objects in NS and BH binary systems in tight orbits at least, even if not catching any coalescing events. However even for binary coalescence of BHs, might generated {g.w.} decay very rapidly? So resistance to deformation (normal stress: extension and compression, and even any shear stress) might not be insignificant. Might such stiffness (resistance to deformation/distortion) be considered as like inertia of C_R manifold? That is, {g.w.} have non-localized energy, but such energy is associated with deformation of manifold. Hence such {g.w.} energy might be considered as trying to overcome resistance to deformation (i.e. stiffness) of C_R manifold. Hence such inertia of manifold (resistance to deformation) would seem to represent a contribution to stress energy momentum tensor and it’s matrix representation; thus contributing not insignificantly to overall curvature? So if long range g.w.s are not detected, then might LIGO I actually be exploring a qualitative assessment (not limits) as to stiffness of C_R manifold? Thus might C_R manifold be quite robust to perturbation? Any such robustness would seem consistent with such manifold not breaking up (i.e. so no ‘foam’?) for near to, and at C_p Planck scale; hence also consistent with no quantization of manifold C_R? Also then less likely to have leakage of g.w.s propagating out of a manifold into another dimension i.e. brane? Also wouldn’t any such significant stiffness of C_R manifold be less consistent with deformations associated with superstrings? Also if the concept of inertia of manifold is descriptive, then any entertained recent new acceleration (i.e. resulting then in a strain or elasticity of manifold) of such C_R manifold would seem less likely. Might energy associated with resistance to deformation of manifold represent a significant portion of energy required to approach flatness? That is, rather than a quest for so-called DARK ENERGY, perhaps an additional significant contribution is right before us, in the form of ENERGY of manifold C_R; such stiffness of C_R manifold contributing to stress energy momentum tensor, and hence to curvature. How would one further explore such latter conjecture, other than any qualitative finding of no long range g.w. propagation? Perhaps one could consider all alternative possibilities of sources of energy sufficient for approach to flatness. Then to the extent that they can be found to be less probable and/or no supportive evidence, then the last standing definitive contributing source of such energy (i.e. energy of C_R manifold) might have to be in part (or in full) accepted. So have LIGO I, VIRGO already made a GREAT DISCOVERY - that is, the inertia of C_R manifold? So C_R manifold seems to have significant stiffness, and hence contributes a significant amount of energy to Tuv, and thus contributes significantly to curvature. SRM.

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org

I find this forum post to be very interesting and thought-provoking. While I cannot definitively answer the question of whether we already have evidence of dark energy in the form of the stiffness of the C_R manifold, I can provide some insights and potential avenues for further exploration.

Firstly, it is important to note that the concept of dark energy is still a topic of ongoing research and debate in the scientific community. While there is evidence for the existence of dark energy, its exact nature and origin are still not fully understood. Therefore, any potential evidence of dark energy, including the stiffness of the C_R manifold, should be carefully studied and evaluated.

One way to further explore this conjecture is through theoretical calculations and simulations. Scientists can use mathematical models to study the effects of the stiffness of the C_R manifold on various phenomena, such as the propagation of gravitational waves. This can help us understand the magnitude of this contribution and its potential implications for our understanding of dark energy.

Additionally, further experiments and observations with more sensitive detectors, such as LIGO II and future generations of gravitational wave detectors, can provide more data and insights into the stiffness of the C_R manifold. This can help us refine our understanding of the nature and properties of this manifold and its potential role in dark energy.

Furthermore, the concept of the stiffness of the C_R manifold can also be explored in the context of other theories and models, such as superstring theory. By examining the compatibility and implications of this idea with other established theories, we can gain a better understanding of its validity and significance.

In conclusion, while it is an intriguing idea, the concept of the stiffness of the C_R manifold as a contribution to dark energy requires further exploration and study. With continued research and advancements in technology, we may be able to shed more light on this topic and potentially make a great discovery in understanding the mysteries of our universe.

1. What is dark energy?

Dark energy is a hypothetical form of energy that is believed to make up about 70% of the total energy in the universe. It is thought to be responsible for the accelerating expansion of the universe.

2. How do we detect dark energy?

Currently, there is no direct way to detect dark energy. Scientists infer its existence through observations of the expanding universe and its effects on the distribution of galaxies and other celestial objects.

3. What evidence do we have for the existence of dark energy?

The primary evidence for dark energy comes from observations of supernovae, which showed that the expansion of the universe is accelerating rather than slowing down. Other evidence includes measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation and the large-scale structure of the universe.

4. Is there a consensus among scientists about the existence of dark energy?

While there is a general consensus among scientists that dark energy exists, there is still ongoing research and debate about its exact nature and properties. Some scientists propose alternative theories to explain the observed acceleration of the universe.

5. Can we use dark energy for any practical applications?

At this time, there are no known practical applications for dark energy. Its effects are only observed on a cosmic scale and have not been harnessed for any practical use. However, further research on dark energy could potentially lead to new technological advancements and a better understanding of the universe.