How to plot actual compressor performance on manufacturer performance chart?

In summary: I has provided a chart that shows the compressor's actual performance at the inlet conditions. The chart is based on a specific set of conditions (i.e. inlet temperature, pressure, and speed). However, because the chart is based on a specific set of conditions, it may not be accurate if the conditions at the engine are different from those specified.
engine_puppet
How to plot actual compressor performance on manufacturer" performance chart?

Hi all,

I have problem on plotting the actual compressor performance on manufacturer" performance chart. Can someone guide me?

Please see the attached figure for detailed information.

Thanks,
EP

Attachments

• actual vs ideal performance.jpg
    actual vs ideal performance.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 566
Engineering news on Phys.org

I submitted another file because the picture is not so clear.

thanks,
EP

Attachments

• Actual and ideal performance comparison C7060.pdf
    186.5 KB · Views: 347

Hmmm, I don't see how it can be either of those points given the flow and pressure quoted for the "actual" condition.

thanks for replying, now I know that i was wrong.

how about this?

Should I read like this?

At the actual performance, the engine needs more speed to achieve the expected HEAD and Flow. It means the compressor is still in good condition, but the engine is not so efficient as before.

Am I correct?

please see the attachment file, i just corrected the whole chart.

thanks,
EP

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - Actual and ideal performance comparison C7060 read methode corrected.pdf
    186.9 KB · Views: 292

I have no idea, since you haven't explained what your situation, application or problem is, other than that you're trying to plot something on a compressor map.

The situation is:

on the actual operating performance:
The compressor needs to run on 13485 rpm in order to achieve the expected flow of 9328 CFM with the Hisen of 64678 ft-lbf/lbm.

ideally (according to the mfg performance map):
the compressor originally can run on 11650 rpm with these conditions (Flow=9328CFM and Hisen=64678 ft-lbf/lbm).

Summary:
The unit needs more power to deliver the expected flow. it means the unit is not so efficient as before, there is LOSS of ENERGY on the unit. As an indication, the unit has high discharge temperature. (Energy loss --> heat)

EP

Attachments

• Actual and ideal performance comparison C7060 read methode corrected 2.pdf
    185.9 KB · Views: 207

I don't disagree with your statements on an intuitive level. I do notice that the inlet conditions are a bit different. The compressor map is only really valid for the specified inlet conditions so that may also be contributing to the discrepancy. For example, you are actually starting with a higher inlet temperature than the plot was made for.

okay, thank you!

I'll try to get the proper map first.

mfg,
EP

1. How do I obtain the actual compressor performance data?

To plot the actual compressor performance on a manufacturer performance chart, you will need to gather data from the compressor itself. This can be done by conducting performance tests in a controlled environment or by using sensors to measure the compressor's performance while it is in operation.

2. What units of measurement should I use for the performance data?

The units of measurement used for the performance data will depend on the manufacturer's performance chart. It is important to use the same units of measurement for both the performance data and the chart to ensure accurate plotting.

3. How do I choose the correct performance chart from the manufacturer?

To plot the actual compressor performance, you will need to use a manufacturer performance chart that matches the specific model and size of your compressor. This information can usually be found on the compressor itself or in the product specifications.

4. Can I use software to plot the compressor performance on the chart?

Yes, there are various software programs available that can help you plot the actual compressor performance on a manufacturer performance chart. These programs often have the manufacturer's performance charts pre-loaded and allow you to input your performance data for accurate plotting.

5. How do I interpret the plotted data on the performance chart?

The plotted data on the performance chart will show the actual performance of your compressor compared to the manufacturer's specified performance. You can use this information to identify any discrepancies and make adjustments to improve the compressor's performance.