Do i correct in my pH Calculate ?

• Thread starter omni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ph
In summary, to calculate the pH of a solution, you can use the formula pH + pOH = 14, assuming the temperature is around room temperature. This also applies to calculating the pH of an acid, such as 1x10^-5 HNO3. Additionally, it is possible for the pH of HNO3 to be 5, as it is a strong acid and 100% dissociated.
omni
i need to Calculate the pH of 1x10^-2 NaOH

so i did like this: [OH-]=10^-2

POH=-log[OH-]=-log[10^-2]=2

and if i work with the Formula :pH+POH=14 so i will get pH+2=14

so the for the 1x10^-2 NaOH the ph=12 do i correct?

thnaks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, assuming its temperature is around room temperature.

Water ion product.

pH + pOH = 14 works perfectly well for 25 deg. Depending on the required accuracy it may be acceptable or may be not acceptable for other temperatures.

thanks to both of you about your answer.

and yes i speak about 25c.

i need help to Calculate the pH of 1x10^-5 of HNO3

to Calculate base as i showed here is the same way to Calculate acid like is ask now?

thanks.

is it possible that the ph of HNO3 is 5 ?

Yes, you can assume HNO3 is a strong acid, 100% dissociated.

yes it is possible...

1. What is pH and why is it important to calculate?

pH is a measure of the acidity or basicity of a solution. It is important to calculate because it can affect the chemical and biological processes happening in the solution, and can also indicate the quality and safety of the solution for various purposes.

2. How do I calculate pH?

pH can be calculated using the formula pH = -log[H+], where [H+] is the concentration of hydrogen ions in the solution. Alternatively, pH can also be calculated using a pH meter or pH test strips.

3. What is the ideal pH range for different solutions?

The ideal pH range can vary depending on the specific solution and its intended use. However, generally, a pH of 7 is considered neutral, a pH below 7 is acidic, and a pH above 7 is basic. For example, drinking water should have a pH range of 6.5-8.5, while soil for plants should have a pH range of 5.5-7.5.

4. How do I know if my pH calculation is correct?

To ensure the accuracy of your pH calculation, you can compare your results with known pH values for the solution you are testing. You can also use multiple methods of calculating pH, such as using a pH meter and pH test strips, to verify your results.

5. Can pH be corrected if it is not within the ideal range?

Yes, pH can be corrected by adding acids or bases to the solution to adjust the pH level. However, it is important to carefully follow instructions and use the correct amounts to avoid overcorrection and potential harm to the solution.