Free simple physics program for simple designs

In summary, the conversation discusses options for downloadable programs that allow for simple 2D designs of mechanical parts, with the ability to simulate movement. The suggested programs are FreeCAD and QCad, both available through repositories. The conversation also welcomes the individual to PhysicsForums.
guitarguy84
I am looking for a very simple downloadable program that allows me to create simple 2D designs of mechanical parts. One that let's me quickly create links/ pivots and move them to simulate movement. Almost like a Google Sketchup but for engineering and even simpler. I am not looking for a game with some sort of objective...just a testing program.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is a free simple physics program?

A free simple physics program is a software tool that allows users to create and simulate simple designs using basic principles of physics such as gravity, motion, and forces. It is often used for educational purposes or for creating simple models for engineering projects.

2. How can I access a free simple physics program?

There are many free simple physics programs available for download on the internet. You can search for them on search engines or visit websites of science and engineering organizations that offer such programs for free.

3. What are the features of a typical free simple physics program?

A typical free simple physics program includes a user-friendly interface, basic tools for creating and editing designs, and simulation capabilities. Some programs may also have advanced features such as 3D modeling and integration with other software tools.

4. Is a free simple physics program suitable for professional use?

It depends on the specific needs of the professional. While free simple physics programs may not have all the advanced features of professional software, they can still be useful for creating basic designs and simulations. However, for more complex projects, it may be necessary to invest in a more advanced program.

5. Can I use a free simple physics program for academic purposes?

Yes, many free simple physics programs are specifically designed for educational purposes. They can be used by students and teachers to create and simulate simple designs, and to better understand the principles of physics. However, it is important to check the terms of use and make sure the program is appropriate for your academic institution.