Journals that cover cycling regularly?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Ai52487963
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Journals
In summary, the best places to find research on cycling, specifically the physiology of high endurance cycling, are likely to be sports medicine or sports science journals such as those published by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA). However, it may be more effective to search for specific studies using a search engine or database, such as PubMed or Google Scholar. There is no single journal dedicated solely to the topic of cycling physiology.
Ai52487963
I'm curious: which journals usually have cycling research posted to them? If the term is too much of a catch-all, then I'm mostly interested in the physiology of the high endurance portion (as opposed to sprinting).

Biology news on Phys.org
Cycling as in riding a bike? Most likely some sort of sports medicine or sports science journal. If you have specific questions it's probably easier to search for a study rather than a journal directly.

Aside from pubmed or pubmed central (the latter lists free articles if you don't have access to journals through subscriptions/universities/libraries etc), you can try the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) at the link below. I'm not really sure if the journals they list are peer reviewed in any way, but the organization is pretty legit. They are not free journals AFAIK, though I have not been reading too much sports medicine research in the past couple of years so I'm "out of the loop."

https://www.nsca-lift.org/Membership/WhyJoin/Benefits/publications.asp

National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) also has a journal, I believe.

ryan_m_b is correct though. You're better off searching for the topic through a search engine/database (like pubmed or google scholar). Finding a journal dedicated to cycling and specifically to the physiology of long duration cycling is probably impossible. You'll find tons of research on cycling dispersed throughout many journals though, so a few appropriate keywords in pubmed will be way more helpful than looking through individual associations/organizations.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some popular journals that cover cycling regularly?

Some popular journals that cover cycling regularly include Bicycling Magazine, VeloNews, and Cycling Weekly.

2. What types of articles can I expect to find in cycling journals?

Cycling journals typically cover a variety of topics related to the sport, including race coverage, training tips, gear reviews, and athlete profiles.

3. Do cycling journals include information on all types of cycling?

Yes, most cycling journals cover a wide range of cycling disciplines, including road cycling, mountain biking, track cycling, and cyclocross.

4. Are there any online cycling journals available?

Yes, there are several online cycling journals, such as CyclingTips and Road Bike Action, that offer digital versions of their print publications and original online content.

5. Can I submit my own articles or photos to cycling journals?

Many cycling journals accept submissions from readers, but it is best to check with the specific publication for their submission guidelines and process.