Chemitrails/Contrail and factors

• Thread starter Numeriprimi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Factors
In summary, chemtrails are a conspiracy theory that claims the condensation lines left behind by aircraft are actually chemicals being sprayed for nefarious purposes. However, this has been scientifically debunked and the trails are simply water vapor from the burning of fuel. Factors such as atmospheric conditions and aircraft altitude can affect the length and appearance of these trails. Using basic chemistry and physics, it can be calculated that the amount of water produced from a flight is not consistent with the density of a cirrus cloud.
Numeriprimi
Do you know chemtrails? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

I want know more about it! Please, help me.

I want scientifically prove it is condensing lines to my friends.
I know this is just condensation lines for aircraft. However, how do I prove them? Is there any information that is inconsistent with the fact that it chemtrails really are?

The aircraft must be 8-12 km above the ground for the formation of condensation lines. However, sometimes condensation lines don't incur... Dependence on atmosphere, humidity, speed ... And what do you know you about it? What factors depends on the shape and length of the condensing lines? And how?

And now a little physics ... How can we calculate the length of the condensate lines?

(sorry for my English, if you don't understand me, write, I will try to write it better)

Physics news on Phys.org
http://science-edu.larc.nasa.gov/contrail-edu/faq.html

Last edited by a moderator:
These trails are basically water vapor that gets condensed. Some simple estimates...

Kerosene is basically n-decane. When it gets burned you get:

[itex]C_{10}H_{22} + 15\frac{1}{2}O_2 \rightarrow 11H_2O + 10CO_2 [/itex]

A 747 consumes about 10 kg of fuel per km.
You see from the combustion reaction that for each mole of fuel, it produces 11 moles of water (and 10 moles of CO2).
So 10 kg of fuel produces almost 14 kg of water. This water is in the gas phase at first, so it occupies a lot of volume.

A cirrus cloud contains about 0.03 grams of liquid water per cubic meter of air.
So if all the water produced during a 1 km flight would produce the same liquid water density as a cumulus cloud, the water vapor would occupy about 14000/0.03=460,700 cubic meters of air. Spread out over a cylinder of 1 km, the diameter of the cylinder would be 25 meters.

1. What are chemtrails and how are they different from contrails?

Chemtrails, also known as "chemical trails," are a conspiracy theory that suggests airplanes are deliberately releasing harmful chemicals into the atmosphere. Contrails, on the other hand, are the visible trails of condensed water vapor created by the engines of airplanes flying at high altitudes. They are a natural byproduct of air travel and pose no harm to the environment or human health.

2. Are chemtrails real and supported by scientific evidence?

No, the concept of chemtrails has been thoroughly debunked by multiple scientific studies and government agencies. There is no credible evidence to support the theory that airplanes are releasing harmful chemicals into the atmosphere.

3. What are the factors that influence the formation of contrails?

The main factors that influence the formation of contrails are the temperature and humidity of the air at high altitudes. When the air is cold and humid, contrails are more likely to form and persist for longer periods of time.

4. Can contrails have an impact on climate change?

Yes, contrails can have a small impact on climate change by trapping heat in the atmosphere, similar to the way clouds do. However, this impact is minimal compared to other human activities such as burning fossil fuels.

5. How can we distinguish between a chemtrail and a contrail?

The main difference between a chemtrail and a contrail is their composition. Contrails are made up of water vapor and ice crystals, while chemtrails are alleged to contain harmful chemicals. Additionally, contrails typically dissipate quickly, while chemtrails are said to linger in the sky for longer periods of time.