Starting programs when computer wake up

In summary, if you want your programs to start up automatically when your computer starts, you can do a few things. You can put the executable icons of the programs you want to start up in a "Start Up" folder, or you can make a Shortcut to that folder. You can also try a program named "Starter" which will display everything that loads up upon boot and you can edit it to your liking.
AlexlovesChris
What to do to have my computer start my programs when my computer starts ?
Do you know what to do to have a real calender, not a picture, on my screen ?

thank-u

~~AlexlovesChris

Computer science news on Phys.org
I am going to assume you are using windows. If so, you should have a "Startup" Folder. [probably under program files] Just throw the executable icons of what you want to automatically start up in there and it should work. A real Calendar on your screen? As in a desklet? Does windows have this kind of thing? Maybe search for "windows calendar desklets"

I think what he meant might be about a webpage loaded as a theme displayed on the desktop screen which needs to be synchronized to automatically update the calender. this I guess might be mentioned in "MS Help" of folders, i am not sure anyway.
But, I highly advise never to do this for security reasons.

Thank you both useful answers,
But I want to have a calendar on my screen, it can show me time, date without any internet connection to update the time.
Anyone knows how can I do this ?

P.S By the way, mattmns what is a desklet ? Could you be more specific as to how it works when I have it on my system ? Thank you

I have no idea about how desklets work on windows, or if they exist, but I am 98% sure that what you want is called a desklet on linux.

On Linux: Desklets are little programs that display information, or controls, on your desktop. There are numerous desklets, ranging from weather, calendar, system information, to media player controls.

Here are 2 screenshots of desklets on linux. I was unable to find any for windows, but there may be other options.

http://happypeng.free.fr/screenshots/gnome24-desklets.png

http://www.gnome.org/~chrisime/random/pix/gDesklets_CVS.png

mattmns said:
Just throw the executable icons of what you want to automatically start up in there and it should work.

I would not put the .exe in there, you are better off making a ShortCut and putting that ShortCut in the 'Start Up' folder. Leave the .exe where its currently located.

also, do a simple search on the net for a program named "Starter" by CodeStuff - AWESOME little app, a lot better then the startup folder, it will display everything that loads up upon boot, and you can edit it that way

also there's something called windows blinds, no idea if that works, but also you can try DesktopX, i use it and its very nice, it is pretty much the MS version of desklits(not sponsored by MS, but you get what i mean)

1. How can I set a program to start automatically when my computer wakes up?

There are a few different ways to set a program to start automatically when your computer wakes up. One option is to use the Task Scheduler feature in Windows. You can create a new task and set the trigger to "On workstation unlock" or "On an event" with the event being "System > Power-Troubleshooter > Wakeup." Another option is to add the program to your computer's startup folder, which will launch the program every time your computer boots up.

2. Can I schedule a program to start at a specific time when my computer wakes up?

Yes, you can schedule a program to start at a specific time when your computer wakes up. This can be done using the Task Scheduler feature in Windows. You can create a new task and set the trigger to "On workstation unlock" or "On an event" with the event being "System > Power-Troubleshooter > Wakeup." Then, under the Actions tab, you can specify the program you want to run and the time you want it to run.

3. Is it possible to set multiple programs to start when my computer wakes up?

Yes, it is possible to set multiple programs to start when your computer wakes up. This can also be done using the Task Scheduler feature in Windows. You can create multiple tasks with different triggers and actions to launch the programs you want. You can also add multiple programs to your computer's startup folder to have them all launch at once when your computer boots up.

4. Will setting programs to start when my computer wakes up affect its performance?

In most cases, setting programs to start when your computer wakes up should not have a significant impact on its performance. However, if you have a large number of programs set to start at once, it may slow down your computer's startup time. It is recommended to only set essential programs to start automatically when your computer wakes up to avoid any potential performance issues.

5. Can I change or remove programs that are set to start when my computer wakes up?

Yes, you can change or remove programs that are set to start when your computer wakes up. In the Task Scheduler, you can edit or delete existing tasks. In the startup folder, you can add or remove programs as needed. It is also recommended to review and update these settings periodically to ensure that only necessary programs are starting when your computer wakes up.