Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive

In summary, the conversation is about a patent application for a new type of space vehicle propulsion that uses a "spacetime curvature anomaly" to propel the craft. The details of how it works are complicated and the conversation turns into a discussion about the legitimacy of the patent.
MonstersFromTheId
O.k., so I'm a nerd. I like occationally checking out the U.S. patent site for nifty new ideas, which, I'll admit, is a bit like looking through the dictionary for words I'm not familiar with (another of my less than sexy habits), but THIS time I found something you don't see everyday.
It's a patent application, apparently a quite serious patent application (the kind that costs more than a few samolians to make and keep), for a new type of space vehicle propulsion, that creates a "spacetime curvature anomaly" to propell the craft. Or to put it into more familiar terms - it's a just barely sub-light speed form of "warp drive".
Now don't get me wrong. I'm still pissed that I can't buy the kind of jet pack the 60's claimed I'd be flying around with yet, let alone my own condo on the Moon, but for now, if somebody actually winds up building one of these, I'll be a little happier.
The details of how this critter is supposed to work go way the hell over my head. I'm hoping someone in here could read those details, and provide a kind of "Hillbilly tutorial" on how it's supposed to work.
Anybody up for it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Space vehicle propelled by the pressure of inflationary vacuum state
Abstract
A space vehicle propelled by the pressure of inflationary vacuum state is provided comprising a hollow superconductive shield, an inner shield, a power source, a support structure, upper and lower means for generating an electromagnetic field, and a flux modulation controller. A cooled hollow superconductive shield is energized by an electromagnetic field resulting in the quantized vortices of lattice ions projecting a gravitomagnetic field that forms a spacetime curvature anomaly outside the space vehicle. The spacetime curvature imbalance, the spacetime curvature being the same as gravity, provides for the space vehicle's propulsion. The space vehicle, surrounded by the spacetime anomaly, may move at a speed approaching the light-speed characteristic for the modified locale.
Link to patent as applied for by Boris Volfson March 14, 2005:
(This be where the details lay)
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...,960,975.WKU.&OS=PN/6,960,975&RS=PN/6,960,975
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Ah poop.

Looks like this is just some more stuffin' for the crank science folder.

Guess I should know better.
Then again, "if you develop a taste for bullsh_t, you'll never go hungry."

Thanks for calling my attention to the thread Brewnog. Much 'priciated.

Seems like everyones getting caught by this one...

1. What is a "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive"?

A "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" is a type of patented technology that is used to power and propel a space vehicle in close proximity to a planet or other celestial body. It is designed to allow for precise and controlled movements in order to safely navigate through space.

2. How does the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" work?

The exact workings of the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" are not publicly disclosed due to its patented status. However, it is believed to use a combination of propulsion and navigation systems to control the movement of the space vehicle in close proximity to a planet or other celestial body.

3. What makes the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" different from other space vehicle drives?

The "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" is specifically designed for close proximity navigation and maneuvering, whereas other space vehicle drives may be better suited for long distance travel. It also may use unique technologies and systems that are covered by the patent.

4. Who holds the patent for the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive"?

The patent for the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" is held by the inventor or company that created the technology. This information should be publicly available through the patent office or on the company's website.

5. Are there any limitations or restrictions on the use of the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive"?

As with any patented technology, there may be limitations or restrictions on the use of the "Patent 4 a close 2 C space vehicle drive" depending on the terms of the patent. This information can be found through the patent office or by contacting the patent holder directly.