Where to find sample fluid stirring data?

• Thread starter muffinman123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Fluid
In summary, the individual is looking for force data for fluid stirring but their current force sensor does not have enough resolution to read the force for Newtonian fluids. The sensor can only read forces greater than 0.5N, so they may need to use more viscous fluids or a larger stirring implement to register a higher force. They are also wondering if there are any sample graphs available for the force of fluid stirring.
muffinman123
I want to find some force data for fluid stirring. originally I intended to record the data using my force sensor, but it doesn't have the resolution to read stirring force for Newtonian fluid.

unless there's a Newtonian fluid with high enough viscosity to produce a reaction force greater than 0.5N, my sensor can't read it.

is there a place to download some sample graphs for the force of fluid stirring motion? thx

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a couple of ideas:

1. Try some viscous fluids, such as ketchup, honey, or perhaps mix some sugar water to a consistency that's thick enough to register, but still approximately Newtonian over a small range.

2. If those won't increase the force that registers on your instrument, perhaps you need a larger stirring implement (larger surface area). Is it just a cylinder, or is it something else like a mixer (like an egg beater tool)? As you scale up the size of the stirring tool, you'll scale up your force as well.

1. Where can I find sample fluid stirring data?

There are several sources where you can find sample fluid stirring data, including research papers, online databases, and scientific journals. You can also reach out to colleagues or experts in the field for access to their data.

2. What types of fluid stirring data are available?

There are various types of fluid stirring data available, such as velocity profiles, mixing time, and shear stress. The type of data you need will depend on your specific research or application.

3. How do I know if the sample fluid stirring data is reliable?

It is important to verify the reliability of the sample fluid stirring data before using it in your research. You can check the source of the data, the methodology used, and if it has been peer-reviewed by other scientists in the field.

4. Can I access sample fluid stirring data for free?

Some sources may offer sample fluid stirring data for free, such as open-access journals or government-funded research projects. However, some data may require a subscription or payment to access. It is best to check the terms and conditions of the source before using the data.

5. How do I cite sample fluid stirring data in my research?

When using sample fluid stirring data in your research, it is important to properly cite the source to give credit to the original authors. You can follow the citation guidelines provided by the source or consult a citation style guide for proper formatting.