Register to reply

Where to find sample fluid stirring data?

by muffinman123
Tags: data, fluid, newtonian, sample
Share this thread:
muffinman123
Mar14-13, 09:17 PM
P: 19
I want to find some force data for fluid stirring. originally I intended to record the data using my force sensor, but it doesn't have the resolution to read stirring force for newtonian fluid.

unless there's a newtonian fluid with high enough viscosity to produce a reaction force greater than 0.5N, my sensor can't read it.

is there a place to download some sample graphs for the force of fluid stirring motion? thx
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
UCI team is first to capture motion of single molecule in real time
And so they beat on, flagella against the cantilever
Tandem microwave destroys hazmat, disinfects
jlefevre76
Mar22-13, 09:15 PM
P: 61
I have a couple of ideas:

1. Try some viscous fluids, such as ketchup, honey, or perhaps mix some sugar water to a consistency that's thick enough to register, but still approximately Newtonian over a small range.

2. If those won't increase the force that registers on your instrument, perhaps you need a larger stirring implement (larger surface area). Is it just a cylinder, or is it something else like a mixer (like an egg beater tool)? As you scale up the size of the stirring tool, you'll scale up your force as well.

Register to reply