Register to reply

Would some criminals not commit crimes if...

by tarekatpf
Tags: commit, crimes, criminals
Share this thread:
TitoSmooth
Dec18-13, 08:59 PM
P: 163
The best remedy for inprisonment is raising the consciousness of urban communities. Sadly education ussually falls on deaf ears. It should not halt people from informing others. The legal system has to be revamped for modern times in america. And make all punishments equal for eveyone. Bankinh scandal is a prime example

Epistemology in regards to the media plays a huge role on peoplea develpments.
tarekatpf
Dec19-13, 07:19 AM
P: 138
Quote Quote by TitoSmooth View Post
The system creates so called criminals. Without these criminals their would be no judges, mayors, police officers,
politicians, modern day slavery. etc. It is the prison industrial complex research it.

I believe that prisoners should be rehabilitated. Oftentimes a drug offender is incarcerated for petty marijuana only
to turn into a cruel and hardened criminal in jail. Les Miserables is a great example of how if a convict is shown genuine compassion he can be of better service to society. Ie better then a citizen who was never in an abyss.
Of course, not all of the criminals are product of social anomalies. You couldn't stop some people from being criminals no matter whatever the environment is.
tarekatpf
Dec19-13, 07:21 AM
Quote Quote by cpscdave View Post
I am personally against the death penatly in 99% of cases. There are however a few cases that are so horrific, that the shake the foundations of society. Cases like this, and the crimes commited being so horrible that the chance of legitimate rehabilitation is 0.
The best example I can think of is the Paul Bernado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernado) case.
Yes, true. Some criminals are just too horrible for consideration of rehabilitation for them. I have nothing to offer for serial killers, mass murderers etc, because the risk of their getting re-engaged in crime is too much.
nitsuj
Dec19-13, 09:45 AM
P: 1,103
Guess "terrible" upbringing includes both ends of the class spectrum

Link to the story
nitsuj
Dec19-13, 09:48 AM
P: 1,103
Quote Quote by tarekatpf View Post
Yes, true. Some criminals are just too horrible for consideration of rehabilitation for them. I have nothing to offer for serial killers, mass murderers etc, because the risk of their getting re-engaged in crime is too much.
If I recall correctly sexual assault types crimes often repeat themselves, same with DUI, same with....on and on.
tarekatpf
Dec19-13, 01:03 PM
Quote Quote by nitsuj View Post
Guess "terrible" upbringing includes both ends of the class spectrum

Link to the story
He did kill 4 people.
tarekatpf
Dec19-13, 01:05 PM
Quote Quote by nitsuj View Post
If I recall correctly sexual assault types crimes often repeat themselves, same with DUI, same with....on and on.
In Norway, reoffence rate is less than 15%, and in the USA it's nearly 70%. Restorative vs retributive approach. Can you see the difference?
Evo
Dec19-13, 01:13 PM
Mentor
P: 26,661
This thread has derailed into personal opinion without citations. Closed.

Register to reply