Do you know whats the difference between us and Einstein

In Summary, I think the difference between us and einstein is that he thinks every basic concept of the physics extremely logically. Logically means he goes back to the origin of the theory and starts connecting the basic concepts until he reaches the desired concept. Its like you go to root of the tree and start moving upwards to find the unripe fruit. So start thinking logically.
infinitemind
The difference between us and einstein is that he thinks every basic concept of the physics extremely logically. Logically means he goes back to the origin of the theory and starts connecting the basic concepts until he reaches the desired concept. Its like you go to root of the tree and start moving upwards to find the unripe fruit. So start thinking logically. I think the best way to exercise your logic is playing chess. I was ranked no. 1 in interschool chess competition. So start playing chess !my website

Physics news on Phys.org
or learning logical mathematics, psycology or philosophy

Einstein was willing and able to think outside the box.

None

Einstein didn't succumb to peer pressure. He wasn't afraid of going against popular belief. He didn't feel the need to "fit" in. This allowed him to be "unique" in his thinking.

Einstein, and Newton, and Feynman al shared one characteristic. They thought about physics ALL THE TIME.

i love Einstein i wish he was my dad.

What is the difference between figuring out some tough logic puzzles or figuring out the laws of the universe? I don't hear the names of the ones who figured out the puzzles very often, and also if everything were already known there wouldn't be much pressure or true incentive to figure them out and yet how often does anyone prove it to themselves that the Earth is indeed round, just out of curiosity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jammieg
and yet how often does anyone prove it to themselves that the Earth is indeed round, just out of curiosity?
Well, there *is* the flat Earth society.
http://www.flat-earth.org/

Einstein worked in a patent office in his 20s, maybe this is where he developped his mind to be more creative in terms of understanding the properties of the physical world. Possibly giving him an edge in where to look. I am not sure whether he was born with an iq of 200 or whether he developped his mind to this level, but obviously he did have a high degree of intelligence, coupled with reasonning skills.

The Basic Difference is As SelfAdjoint has said He thought All the TIME about Physics And that's the Bottom Line.

And he thinks very i said very very deeply about the problems with very strong intution + concentration

Do you know what's the difference between us and einstein
I don't think there is a real difference. At the time, he made the discovery because unlike many others who were trying to reason away experimental and repeatedly verified facts (ie. the puzzling features of light), he accepted them and decided to logically deduce the consequences. Einstein removed the extraneous idea of "how things should be" from physics.

I think it sad that in the end, IMHO, he lost some of his nerve.

The biggest difference is that he is dead, and the vast majority of people reading this thread are alive.

Njorl

Einstein, unlike the majority of the members, also has an action figure modeled after him.

http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11071.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Njorl
The biggest difference is that he is dead, and the vast majority of people reading this thread are alive.

Njorl

CAn you introduce me to one of the minority?

Hello, I am sentient. I am not like mr einstein, while he was sentient and possibly may be sentient, but in a better place, probably not.

I am not like einstein. Death sux...

The ability to think of solutions which arent obvious is the difference. Fortunately i am not so different from einstein in that respect ;) I can also tell you that circumstances are a large part as well. That clerk's office he worked at was the reason he developed his theory. I worked as a cook and had lots of free time as well, i couldn't watch tv, i couldn't play a game, but i COULD think, and i thought of some pretty deep stuff while working the 11am to 10pm shift.

I also think the incentive of being recognized is a large one. I think all young people desire recognition, and that acts as a large stimulus.

1. What is the main difference between us and Einstein?

Einstein was a genius physicist who made groundbreaking contributions to the field of science, while the average person may not have the same level of intelligence or knowledge in this specific subject.

2. How did Einstein's brain differ from a regular person's brain?

According to studies, Einstein had a larger parietal lobe, which is responsible for spatial reasoning and mathematical abilities. He also had more glial cells, which are support cells that help neurons function.

3. Did Einstein have a higher IQ than the average person?

There is no definitive answer to this question as IQ tests were not widely used during Einstein's time. However, it is believed that his IQ was around 160, which is considered to be in the highly gifted range.

4. What made Einstein so successful in his field?

Einstein's success can be attributed to his incredible curiosity, creativity, and persistence. He also had a unique way of thinking and approaching problems, which allowed him to come up with groundbreaking ideas and theories.

5. Are there any similarities between us and Einstein?

While Einstein was undoubtedly a genius, there are certainly some similarities between him and the average person. We all have the ability to think critically and creatively, and with the right resources and dedication, we can also make significant contributions to the world of science.