Down The Rabbit Hole ?

• Thread starter drewnlisa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hole
In summary, the conversation discusses the film "Down The Rabbit Hole," its credibility, and the opinions of the speakers and information presented in the film. The general consensus is that the movie is not credible and should not be taken seriously due to its misinterpretation of quantum mechanics and promotion of pseudo scientific practices. It is also mentioned that the movie is an extended version of the previously released film "What The Bleep Do We Know."
drewnlisa
Down The Rabbit Hole...?

Hi to all,

I've been watching Down The Rabbit Hole and was wondering the credibility
of the speakers and information.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=2175190332317188213&q=what+the+bleep+we+know&total=30&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't seen this film but from what I know of the contents nothing in it is science. It is a religious documentary, with the word "quantum" scattered throughout in random places. Give it exactly as much credibility as you would give to spokespersons of the Transcendental Meditation movement in any other context.

That movie is a joke. I'm surprised they were able to dupe a couple of Phd scientists into an interview. And who's behind this? That new age colored T-shirt crystal worshiper lady, forgot her name.

Most likely the same crackpot junk as What the Bleep. I wouldn't bother watching it.

Paradigms, paradigms. Oh we love our paradigms!

waht said:
That movie is a joke. I'm surprised they were able to dupe a couple of Phd scientists into an interview. And who's behind this? That new age colored T-shirt crystal worshiper lady, forgot her name.

I forget her name, but I'm pretty sure the guy she is "channeling" from 50,000 years ago is named Ramtha!:rofl:

Seriously though, The movie is not credible. As waht says, it's a joke. The word credible should not be used in the same sentence as this movie. It takes quantum mechanics and misinterprets it to make it look like it supports a slew of pseudo scientific practices which the theory, in reality, does not offer any evidence for.

Evo said:
Most likely the same crackpot junk as What the Bleep. I wouldn't bother watching it.

It's actually the exact same movie. I mean, "Down the Rabbit Hole" is just the extended-directors-cut DVD edition of What The Bleep Do We Know.

1. What is "Down The Rabbit Hole"?

"Down The Rabbit Hole" is a phrase used to describe a journey or experience that becomes increasingly strange, confusing, or surreal. It originated from the classic novel "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll, where the main character falls down a rabbit hole into a fantastical world.

2. What is the meaning behind "Down The Rabbit Hole"?

The phrase can have different interpretations depending on the context. In general, it can represent a journey of self-discovery, a metaphor for taking risks and exploring the unknown, or a representation of a chaotic and unpredictable situation.

3. How is "Down The Rabbit Hole" relevant to science?

In scientific research, the phrase can be used to describe the process of exploring new ideas and theories. It refers to the concept of delving deeper into a topic or problem, often leading to unexpected discoveries and connections.

4. What are some examples of "Down The Rabbit Hole" in science?

Examples include scientific breakthroughs that resulted from unexpected observations or experiments, such as Alexander Fleming's discovery of penicillin, or Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. It can also refer to the process of trial and error in the scientific method, where researchers explore different avenues and ideas before reaching a breakthrough.

5. How can one navigate "Down The Rabbit Hole" in science?

To navigate "Down The Rabbit Hole" in science, one must have an open mind, be willing to take risks and explore unconventional ideas, and be prepared for unexpected outcomes. It also requires patience, persistence, and critical thinking skills to make sense of the chaotic and complex nature of scientific research.