Methanol medium pressure pump needed

In summary, the person is looking for a pump that can handle pumping methanol at a temperature of 140F, 1-2 gpm volume, and 150-200 psi pressure. The pump must also be able to operate without fluid at times. Suggestions include a pump from URDUSA or AEM's universal water alcohol injection kit. However, a large peristaltic pump may be necessary due to the flow and pressure requirements. A potential option is the EccentricPumps-SLP058, which can handle the desired flow and pressure, but chemical compatibility should be verified.
BernieM
I have a project that i am doing that requires that i pump methanol at a temperature of about 140F at a volume of about 1 to 2 gpm and a pressure of around 150 - 200 psi. It must be capable of 'run dry' by which i mean that it may not always have fluid to pump. Can anyone give me a lead on a pump that will fill this need?

Engineering news on Phys.org
How about something like this:

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=17_89&products_id=124806052

Or maybe the pump out of this kit if you can find it:

http://www.streetperformance.com/part-showcase/aem-advanced-engine-management-inc/6016-run-big-boost-on-pump-gas-with-aems-universal-water-alcohol-injection-kit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll probably have to go with a large peristaltic pump. I must say that the flow and higher pressure that you're looking for may make it tough to find in a single package.

Try taking a look here:
http://www.eccentricpumps.com/docs/EccentricPumps-SLP058DataSheet.pdf

This one I came across will do the flow and the pressure. I didn't look into chemical compatibility though.

What is a methanol medium pressure pump?

A methanol medium pressure pump is a device used to transfer methanol, a type of alcohol, from one location to another at a medium pressure level. It is commonly used in industrial and scientific settings for various purposes.

What is the purpose of a methanol medium pressure pump?

The main purpose of a methanol medium pressure pump is to transfer methanol, a type of chemical solvent, from one place to another. This can include moving methanol from a storage tank to a laboratory for experiments, or from one industrial process to another.

How does a methanol medium pressure pump work?

A methanol medium pressure pump works by using a motor to rotate an impeller, which creates suction and draws the methanol into the pump. The impeller then pushes the methanol through the pump and out through a discharge valve at a medium pressure level.

What are the key components of a methanol medium pressure pump?

The key components of a methanol medium pressure pump include a motor, impeller, suction and discharge valves, and a housing to contain the pump. Some pumps may also have additional features such as pressure gauges or safety mechanisms.

What are the common uses of a methanol medium pressure pump?

Methanol medium pressure pumps are commonly used in various industries and scientific fields for tasks such as transferring methanol for chemical reactions, injecting methanol into engines for fuel, and pumping methanol for cleaning or sterilization purposes.