How do I set the lock in amplifier for photoconductivity through lab view?

• Thread starter saidkarimshah
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Polymers
In summary, photoconductivity of polymers is the ability of certain types of polymers to conduct electricity when exposed to light. It is measured using a photoconductive cell and has applications in fields such as photovoltaics and optical sensors. Factors that affect photoconductivity include chemical structure, dopants, light intensity and wavelength, and temperature. Improvements can be made by optimizing chemical structure and using multiple layers or blending with other materials. Ongoing research aims to enhance the efficiency and stability of photoconductive polymers for various applications.
saidkarimshah
hi i am doing photoconductivity but i did not understand how to set the lock in amplifier for the photoconductivity through lab view.please help me out in doing pc

Engineering news on Phys.org
saidkarimshah said:
hi i am doing photoconductivity but i did not understand how to set the lock in amplifier for the photoconductivity through lab view.please help me out in doing pc
Are you using a frequency-modulated light source?
Bob S

yes I am using frequency modulated source.

1. What is photoconductivity of polymers?

Photoconductivity of polymers is the ability of certain types of polymers to conduct electricity when exposed to light. This phenomenon is due to the movement of charge carriers (electrons or holes) in the polymer material, which is triggered by the absorption of photons from light.

2. How is photoconductivity of polymers measured?

The photoconductivity of polymers is typically measured by using a device called a photoconductive cell. This cell consists of two electrodes connected to a power source, with a layer of the polymer material in between. When light is shone on the polymer, it causes a change in the electrical conductivity which can be measured by the electrodes.

3. What are the applications of photoconductivity of polymers?

Photoconductivity of polymers has various applications, such as in photovoltaic cells, photodetectors, and optical sensors. These materials are also used in the development of organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) and organic photovoltaics (OPVs).

4. What factors affect the photoconductivity of polymers?

The photoconductivity of polymers can be influenced by several factors, including the polymer's chemical structure, the type of dopant used, the intensity and wavelength of the incident light, and the temperature of the material. The presence of impurities and defects in the polymer can also affect its photoconductivity.

5. How can photoconductivity of polymers be improved?

To improve the photoconductivity of polymers, researchers often focus on optimizing the polymer's chemical structure and incorporating suitable dopants. Additionally, using multiple layers of different polymers or blending them with other materials can also enhance their photoconductivity. Ongoing research and development in this field aim to improve the efficiency and stability of photoconductive polymers for various applications.