How Can I Resolve the General Error Message in Ansys Workbench?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who has learned to use Ansys workbench but is encountering an error message stating that the license is currently in use by another application. They have tried to stop some licenses but it did not work and they are looking for a solution. The moderator has locked the thread and suggests obtaining a legal license as the only solution.
hx81
Hi all,

I learned to use Ansys workbench to do mechanical analysis, but never got any result.
It always show me an error message: general error happened.
The error details is below,
"The license is currently in use by another application in this
Workbench session such as Mechanical or another Mechanical APDL
application. You must wait until the other application has finished
its task (for example meshing) or manually PAUSE the other Mechanical
APDL application."

I have tried to stop some licenses but, did not work.
Can anyone give me a solution?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Clearly the best, and only solution would be to obtain a legal licence.

thread locked

1. How do I create a new project in Ansys Workbench?

To create a new project in Ansys Workbench, click on the "New Project" button in the toolbar or go to File > New > Project. Then, select the desired analysis type, give your project a name, and click "OK".

2. How do I import geometry into Ansys Workbench?

To import geometry into Ansys Workbench, go to the "Geometry" tab and click on the "Import Geometry" button. Then, select the file you want to import and click "OK". You can also drag and drop files directly into the Workbench window.

3. How do I set up and assign material properties in Ansys Workbench?

To set up and assign material properties in Ansys Workbench, go to the "Engineering Data" tab and click on "Materials". Then, select the material you want to use and click on the "Assign" button. You can also create custom materials by clicking on the "Create/Edit Material" button.

4. How do I apply boundary conditions in Ansys Workbench?

To apply boundary conditions in Ansys Workbench, go to the "Analysis Settings" tab and click on "Solution". Then, select the boundary condition type you want to apply and click on the "Apply" button. You can also apply boundary conditions by right-clicking on the desired geometry or object and selecting "Apply Boundary Condition".

5. How do I run a simulation and view results in Ansys Workbench?

To run a simulation and view results in Ansys Workbench, go to the "Solution" tab and click on the "Analyze All" button. Once the simulation is complete, click on the "Results" tab to view and analyze your results. You can also view results by right-clicking on the desired geometry or object and selecting "Show Results".