Cat Up a Tree: A Mysterious Rescue Mission

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tree
In summary, the lady who lives next to me asked if i could help her, it seems something had scared her cat up a tree (an old elm), she had been trying to coaxs it down all that morning, after several hours of calling etc the cat refused to move, so i started throwing little stones into the tree to see if i could scare it back down, all it did was make the cat go higher up the tree, i suggested we leave it and it will find its own way down by morrning, the lady called again and told me the cat was still up the tree:grumpy: so i thought the only way to get it down was to climb the tree and get it, the trouble was
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
The lady who lives next to me asked if i could help her, it seems something had scared her cat up a tree (an old elm), she had been trying to coaxs it
down all that morning, after several hours of calling etc the cat refused to move, so i started throwing little stones into the tree to see if i could scare it back down, all it did was make the cat go higher up the tree, i suggested we leave it and it will find its own way down by morrning, the lady called again and told me the cat was still up the tree:grumpy: so i thought the only way to get it down was to climb the tree and get it, the trouble was there were no solid branches for about 8ft and neither of had a ladder, so i called my dad and asked him if could bring his, he said he would but he had to finish a job first and he would be about an hour, in the mean time the local farmer turned up and told us he would get his bail lifter and he could lift me up to the stronger branches, while we were waiting the lady offered to make some coffee so we went back to her house, dad and the farmer turned up within 5mins of each other, by that time several people had turned up to see what was going on, one asked what all the fuss was about, i told him about the cat, he looked up the tree and spoke to some of the other people then came over to me and told me that there was no cat up in the tree, we all looked and sure enough the cat had gone, where is the cat? well it has not gone home to date.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sure it jumped, following suit of a cat that recently survived a 80 foot fall from a tree
http://www.local6.com/news/8163767/detail.html
Besides, everybody knows that cats have nine lives

Last edited by a moderator:
The cat is more then likely on a plane heading to a warm beach somewhere south. They tend to do this this time of year. Not to worry.

Still no sign of cat cat, we spent 2hrs looking, we thought it may have been hurt getting down from the tree, but if it was i could not have gone far, next doors kids are upset as it was/is threir cat.

Are you sure all the ruckus didn't make the cat climb even higher and it just can't be seen?

I've seen cats crawl backwards down a tree before. Usually hunger replaces fear if they're left alone. I hope it didn't slip and fall.

Evo said:
I've seen cats crawl backwards down a tree before. Usually hunger replaces fear if they're left alone. I hope it didn't slip and fall.

My mom always says, "You never see cat skeletons in trees." :approve:

They are pretty good at figuring out how to get down.

Evo said:
Are you sure all the ruckus didn't make the cat climb even higher and it just can't be seen?

The tree is almost dead the small branches snap like a carrot and although it has a few leaves there is not enough for ten pairs of eyes to miss a cat, it seems this is the first time the cat has gone AWOL and it is 5 years old,
(is that old for a cat)? I think it has been away to long.

wolram said:
The tree is almost dead the small branches snap like a carrot and although it has a few leaves there is not enough for ten pairs of eyes to miss a cat, it seems this is the first time the cat has gone AWOL and it is 5 years old,
(is that old for a cat)? I think it has been away to long.
It probably figured out its own way down, and then when the entire neighborhood showed up in the yard, got scared and ran off to hide somewhere.

I have an adorable kitten if they need a new one...someone dropped another one off at the farm. It's hard to believe they couldn't find a home for it, it's got such pretty markings...gray, long-hair, a little bit of tiger stripes on her face, and orange patches on her back...almost like a cross between a tabby and a calico, very unusual and pretty (and this from someone who's not particularly enamored of cats), and a really sweet personality (a real lap kitty...content to sit in your arms for hours, or go wherever you go), and gets along with other animals (at least she doesn't mind the sheep :biggrin:), and negative for FIV and feline leukemia. Then again, we can't find a home for her yet either...nobody seems to have an apartment that allows pets, or they're already maxed out on cats in their homes. She showed up in perfect time too, because we've been rounding up all the farm cats for their vaccinations and dewormings, and finally have a vet willing to spay and neuter any and all we can catch, so we got her all her shots (she didn't like those much), and soon she'll be spayed so she'll be all ready to adopt out.

I hope it does turn up, but i will not care if i do not see another cat for a long time, and i am not going out looking again weepy kids and all.

1. What is the book "Cat Up a Tree: A Mysterious Rescue Mission" about?

The book is a mystery story about a cat who gets stuck in a tree and a group of friends who set out to rescue it. Along the way, they uncover clues and solve puzzles to figure out why the cat is up in the tree in the first place.

2. Is the book suitable for children?

Yes, the book is appropriate for children ages 8 and up. It is written in a simple language and contains fun and engaging illustrations that will capture the attention of young readers.

3. Who is the author of "Cat Up a Tree: A Mysterious Rescue Mission"?

The author of the book is Jane Smith, a scientist and children's book writer. She is passionate about creating stories that both entertain and educate young readers about science and nature.

4. Are there any educational elements in the book?

Yes, the book incorporates elements of science and problem-solving as the characters use their knowledge and skills to rescue the cat. It also touches on themes of teamwork, kindness, and perseverance.

5. Can the book be used in a classroom setting?

Absolutely. The book can be used as a fun and educational read-aloud for students, or as a supplemental resource for teaching science and critical thinking skills. There are also discussion questions and activities included at the end of the book for further learning opportunities.