How can I retrieve tex source code from rendered images?

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, "Tex source code from images" is the conversion of images or scanned documents into TeX code, a typesetting language used for creating documents with mathematical equations and scientific notations. It is useful for scientists as it allows for easier editing, formatting, and sharing of complex equations and symbols. This process works through the use of OCR technology and may require manual editing for accuracy. While most images can be converted, there may be limitations and drawbacks, such as the need for specific image formats and potential for errors or lack of support for certain equations and symbols.
ehrenfest
[SOLVED] tex source code from images

I am having trouble clicking on rendered tex images and getting the source code. I just click on them and nothing happens. This problem started occurring 5 minutes ago.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can see them, and get source code. Have you tried reboot your browser?

I figured it out. For some reason, the pop-up window was hidden behind the window I was using.

Great!

1. What is "Tex source code from images"?

Tex source code from images refers to the process of converting images or scanned documents into TeX code, which is a typesetting language used for creating documents with mathematical equations and scientific notations.

2. Why is "Tex source code from images" useful for scientists?

Scientists often need to include complex mathematical equations and symbols in their research papers and presentations. Converting images into TeX code allows for easier editing, formatting, and sharing of these equations, making the process more efficient and accurate.

3. How does "Tex source code from images" work?

There are various tools and software available that use optical character recognition (OCR) technology to recognize and convert the text in images into TeX code. These tools also allow for manual editing and fine-tuning of the code to ensure accuracy.

4. Can any type of image be converted into TeX code?

Yes, most images with mathematical equations and symbols can be converted into TeX code. However, the accuracy may vary depending on the quality of the image and the complexity of the equations. Some tools also have specific requirements for image formats and resolution.

5. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using "Tex source code from images"?

While converting images into TeX code can be helpful, it is not always 100% accurate and may require some manual editing. Additionally, some tools may not support all types of equations and symbols, so it is important to choose a tool that meets your specific needs.