PF PHOTO CONTEST - This is Halloween (10/27-11/2)

In summary: This is so me. It's a great picture because it has a lot of movement in it and it's bright. I love the contrast of the black and orange.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This Is Halloween!

With Halloween arriving this week, our contest this time will be anything related to Halloween. Please make sure there is a clear and apparent connection to the Halloween festivities in your picture.

Good luck!

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing says Halloween like a Jack o' lantern

http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jol.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm... slow rate of submission so far. Maybe everyone's waiting for good pictures during Halloween Day... No matter, here's mine:

img9398rb7.jpg

Zz.

2 more days left to enter a photo for this contest. I'm sure many people got a lot of photo from Halloween day yesterday.

Zz.

edit- never mind...

Last edited:
matthyaouw said:
Is that halloweenish enough?

Unfortunately, I don't think it is halloweenish enough. I think without your explanation, one doesn't see any halloween connection in the picture.

Zz.

l_48127186284b69120480ecce12d95e75.jpg

I like the skeleton arm coming from her mouth-

Last edited:
Zenparticle said:
I like the skeleton arm coming from her mouth-

Please double check the SIZE of your photo.

Contest Rules said:
2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

Zz.

I had cropped it and thought i had scaled it down enough, my apologies. -Fixed

Any more Halloween pictures? No one took any during this past Halloween? You have just a few hours left to submit a photo.

Zz.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9532/stuff001edee2.jpg [Broken]

My mum and her pumpkin head!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST for Halloween?

The theme for this PF PHOTO CONTEST is "This is Halloween". We are looking for photos that capture the essence of Halloween, whether it be through spooky decorations, costumes, or traditions.

2. When is the submission deadline for the PF PHOTO CONTEST - This is Halloween?

The submission deadline for this PF PHOTO CONTEST is November 2nd. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on that day to be considered.

3. Are there any specific rules or requirements for the photos submitted to the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

Yes, all photos must be original and taken by the person submitting them. They must also be appropriate for all ages and cannot contain any copyrighted material. Additionally, please include a caption and brief description of the photo when submitting.

4. How will the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST be selected?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The winners will be announced on November 4th.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - This is Halloween?

The first-place winner will receive a $100 gift card, the second-place winner will receive a $50 gift card, and the third-place winner will receive a $25 gift card. Additionally, all winners will have their photos featured on our website and social media pages.