Printing a QR code on a POS receipt

by Logger
Tags: code, printing, receipt
Share this thread:
Logger
Sep26-13, 05:22 PM
P: 23
Hi guys,

Does anybody here have an understanding of POS (point-of-sale) technology. I am looking for a way to print a QR-Code onto a till receipt if the dollar spend is over a set amount.
The QR-Code information to be printed would be pulled from a 3rd party server. Every till receipt that is printed with a QR-Code would have its own unique QR-Code on it.
The QR-Code that is printed can be scanned by a QR-Code reader and be recognised by the backend of the server that created that QR-Code.
So basically it sends the till information to the server and the server sends back the printed information with a QR-Code.This QR-Code is scanned and is recognised by server and performs some other action.
Is this possible without POS integration?
Would I be correct in presuming the POS will have to be networked?
What make/model of printer would you suggest? (wifi enabled)

Can anybody shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
FIXD tells car drivers via smartphone what is wrong
Team pioneers strategy for creating new materials
Team defines new biodiversity metric
Greg Bernhardt
May4-14, 10:05 PM
Admin
P: 9,562
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Register to reply