Which language for aerospace industry

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's desire to learn a second language for the aerospace industry and asks for advice on which language would be most beneficial. German and French are mentioned as the most useful languages in the industry, with a nod to Spanish as well. The speaker mentions partnerships with EADS and ESA, stating that English and French are the official languages of ESA. The conversation also briefly mentions Russian and Chinese as potential languages to learn for the industry.
ravachol
i want to learn a second language but i need ur advice what you think about the secondary language is better in this industry. i am in trouble with german, french and spanish. german seems closer but i want to ask you, too. thanks for ur care..

Physics news on Phys.org
Gonna throw French into the picture, purely based on Airbus.

Either German or french if you're in Europe(i'm assuming you are since you're asking). If you speak one of those two, you're probably in good shape, at least that's the impression i get from a few aerospace engineering majors I know that have been looking at jobs with airbus potentially.

ravachol said:
i am in trouble with german, french and spanish. german seems closer but i want to ask you, too. thanks for ur care..
:rofl: :rofl:
Spanish? Ok, we are partners (up to 10%) of EADS, but it does not imply spanish is spoken in aerospace industry. We are also partners of ESA (5%), but it's negligible compared with the cake piece of Germany, France and GB in european aerospace industry. For instance, the two official languages of ESA are english and french.

post WW2 it was german

then

Russian

next

Chinese?

1. What is the most commonly used language in the aerospace industry?

The most commonly used language in the aerospace industry is C++. It is known for its speed, efficiency, and ability to handle complex calculations and data processing, making it well-suited for aerospace applications.

2. Is there a specific programming language that is preferred by aerospace companies?

While there is no one specific language that is universally preferred by all aerospace companies, some of the most commonly used languages in the industry include C++, Java, and Python. The choice of language often depends on the specific needs and requirements of the company and project.

3. Are there any benefits to using a specific language for aerospace applications?

Yes, there are several benefits to using a specific language for aerospace applications. These include improved performance, better control over hardware and system resources, and the ability to handle complex calculations and data processing.

4. Is it necessary for aerospace engineers to have knowledge of multiple programming languages?

While it is not necessary for aerospace engineers to be proficient in multiple programming languages, it can be beneficial to have knowledge of at least one or two common languages. This can help with understanding and collaborating on different projects and can also make an engineer more versatile and adaptable.

5. How important is it for a programming language to have real-time capabilities in the aerospace industry?

Real-time capabilities are essential in the aerospace industry, as many applications require precise and immediate responses to data. Therefore, languages that are capable of real-time processing, such as C++, are often preferred in this industry.