What Are Some Modern Genius Movies for Inspiration?

In summary: GV2j7BYNM&t=569sIn summary, In "Contact," Jodie Foster's character communicates with an alien intelligence which has been visiting Earth for billions of years. The protagonist, played by Foster, is a scientist who is trying to find a way to communicate with the alien intelligence.
Physics news on Phys.org
The main characters in Primer could almost be considered "geniuses." They were engineers at any rate.

The plot will make your head hurt, though.

Jack21222 said:
The main characters in Primer could almost be considered "geniuses." They were engineers at any rate.

The plot will make your head hurt, though.

The Director of the movie Primer, Shane Carruth, is actually a mathematician. He quit his job to teach himself film for 3 years, got 7k, and voila, made the beauty of what is Primer.

Greg Bernhardt said:
The Wizard :biggrin:

You mean the one with Fred Savage? lol

power_glove.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned October Sky. About small town high school nerds in the 50s who have a passion for building rockets. I don't want to give a review cos I might give away too much.

Torn Curtain (Hitchcock!): A Western physicist is missing one piece of the problem. There is one person in the world who solved it, but he's a scientist from Eastern Germany. So the Western guy tries to find him and trick him into showing him the trick.

There is also an interesting movie I remember, but I can't think of the title. It is about a young black student who loves writing. One day, he loses his backpack to some writer who has himself enclosed and fears the outside world. The writer corrects his stories. So the young guy starts frequenting the writer's house, they become friends, the writer becomes more human etc. What's the name of this one?

Rudy - not a science movie but definitely an inspirational movie