Fire Detecting Thermometer?

In summary,- There is a way to create a fire detecting thermometer that would detect a fire if the temperature went above a certain point.- Depending on air flow and room volume, the ambient temperature in fire will be drastically different, so using a thermometer may not be the best idea.- IR camera could be useful if you create exclusion zones (for stove outlets) to be ignored, and program an alarm for all other areas which will trigger fire suppression system.
If you need anymore details just ask.

Physics news on Phys.org
What is your budget and what proficiencies do you have?

Well, I don't really have a budget, just don't want to spend a lot of money (100-150 dollars). The project isn't that big, just want to do a good job.

T.O.E Dream said:
Well, I don't really have a budget, just don't want to spend a lot of money (100-150 dollars). The project isn't that big, just want to do a good job.

And what kind of skills do you have? Are you familiar with basic stamps, circuits, soldering, programming, matlab, or labview?

I'm in grade 9. But I know basic circuits.

T.O.E Dream said:
I'm in grade 9. But I know basic circuits.

Ok $50 for parts, $100 for some electrical engineering grad student for cup ramen noodles.

So can i get help or not. The device doesn't need to be perfect aslong as I can demonstrate it can detect flames.

Can I use an IR sensor?