Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!

• Thread starter Mépris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Videos
In summary, the conversation revolved around the highly anticipated game Skyrim, with participants sharing their excitement and experiences playing it. Some mentioned their concerns about their laptop's ability to handle the game's graphics while others shared their joy in finally being able to play it. The conversation also veered off into discussing bugs and funny moments in the game, as well as personal experiences and strategies in playing. Despite some technical issues, everyone seemed to agree that Skyrim is an amazing and addictive game.
Mépris
I was about to plan something very cool to describe the game to you but I doubt anything I could plan would do the game justice. With this out of the way, I'd suggest you go straight to YouTube and watch gameplay videos.

To those who do know of the mighty Skyrim: Can't wait for next month, can you?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org

I'm right there with you on this! I played Oblivion for several months! Really looking forward to this epic of a game! Something like 150 unique dungeons maps! I just hope my laptop can handle it! Gaming graphics are now becoming scary good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0

^
I know right! I was scared my aging 8800GT wouldn't be able to make it through but quite surprisingly, I'm able to run it on "high" but with minimum details on shadows and no AA. And I turned off the other kind of filtering as well. To be honest, in the past, I don't think these settings changed much. I was just happy I could play everything on max settings, back in 2007/08!

I'm not quite up to speed with things these days, but you remember Crysis, right? (I mean who wouldn't?!) Apparently, it was ahead of its time and the hardware that could run this game on max settings was not on the market yet. Is it now? I used to think that if I can run Crysis, I could run anything! :D

ANYWAY: I started playing. Loving it so far. I'm not too happy with certain movement mechanics (character looks effing retarded when swimming, for example) but this a huge improvement engine-wise. So much more fluid than in Oblivion or the recent Fallout games, which I didn't play, precisely because of the mechanics. Yes, I'm fussy like that. :P

I already know I need a new graphic card, which in turn means I probably need a new power supply. Hopefully later this month I will be able to afford both, I had some unexpected expenses that put me in red. For now I installed Morrowind, as Oblivion is too fresh in my memory.

Morrowind was a more free engine; I miss float spell/potions.

Yihaaa! 1GB ASUS HD6850 card is here, 750W Corsair power supply is here, Skyrim is here - turned out place I am getting my hardware from added some high profile games to their software section, so I got everything together (and cheaper than from other places). It is all too cold to open boxes now, but if I will disappear from PF later today - you know what happened :biggrin:

Argh. After installing Skyrim from DVD (which took much longer than expected) it immediately started to upgrade itself - it was half an hour ago. I WAN'T TO PLAY, NOT WATCH STUPID STEAM DIALOG WINDOW :grumpy:

A bit off topic perhaps, but I mush share my joy with you - I manage to run Skyrim on my computer, which is pretty old - it's a 3.0 GHz Prescott CPU with a Radeon HD 4670 graphics card and 2 Gb of RAM. Of course, I play on low settings, but I adore the Elder Scrolls saga, so graphics isn't really an issue. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic. :smile:

My old graphic card used to run Elder Scrolls, until it took an arrow to the knee.

holy quest bugs

Pythagorean said:
holy quest bugs

its been very buggy and the patches they send out brake more than they fix. still a great game though.

I third that, there are bugs, but it's still great... Actually, there are some pretty stupid bugs, for example, I finished the Malacath quest yesterday, and I didn't get the rewarding warhammer! And on uespwiki the only tip was to try to load the game from the last save and do it again! This didn't work :D

Greg Bernhardt said:
its been very buggy and the patches they send out brake more than they fix. still a great game though.

yeah, can't stop playing. I always do this, especially right around finals. Must beat main story line before officially returning from thanksgiving break.

I am in Falkreath and I need to help people three times. Thing is, I already did all local quests before jarl told me to do so - but the counter is at zero. I guess another bug. Sigh.

I am playing Polish version, so names are different, which at time means I have troubles consulting wiki. I can't switch to English version, as it hungs (not immediately, but soon enough). Besides, switch requires 1.5GB download.

Level 22, but haven't played in a week since the last update broke my ability to pick locks. Will try again next update.

I have a level 25 High Elf (Pure Mage). All of my gear is enchanted with "decrease cost of destruction spells by 25%", which has significantly reduced the game's difficulty. I have moved the difficulty to Expert and it has made things more challenging; Master is very difficult.

I haven't had time to play for a couple weeks because of finals. :frown: I'm looking forward to the winter break.

My wife made a Khajiit but doesn't play it very much. When she does, she just goes from town-to-town talking to everyone to hear about their lives. :grumpy: She still has not completed a single quest after 12 hours of gameplay. However, this is the beauty of the series; one can do what one wants, and that's what she enjoys doing. :smile:

Borek said:
My old graphic card used to run Elder Scrolls, until it took an arrow to the knee.

:rofl: The guards are funny. I laughed out loud when I heard, "Let me guess, someone stole your Sweet Roll."

Dembadon said:
:rofl: The guards are funny. I laughed out loud when I heard, "Let me guess, someone stole your Sweet Roll."

http://9gag.com/gag/1041960

My character's name is "blabla", since I was too excited to think of a decent name when I first played, now I'm level 26 and too lazy to start all over again. :smile:

I am a level 39 Bosmer - mostly using an ebony bow, plus an enchanted ring (+28% for archery) and an enchanted helmet (+33% for archery). Add to that over 80 in stealth and you know how I play. At least half of the opponents doesn't survive first arrow, especially as the damage is multiplied by 3 for a surprise attack.

Truth is, I suck at combat.

Anyone married in the game? :biggrin:

No, although apparently I was close after a drinking contest. But this quest is waiting.

I married Mjoll The Lioness from Riften. Riften has hot chicks. Too bad you can't marry more of them.

radou said:
Anyone married in the game? :biggrin:

I'm supposed to get married tomorrow ... if I remember to show up between dawn and dusk, which can be hard with all those caves and forts around full with bandits and treasures ...

Greg Bernhardt said:
http://9gag.com/gag/1041960

Wow! That person must be really into the series; it looks like a real tattoo.

Pythagorean said:
Morrowind was a more free engine; I miss float spell/potions.

I do not miss cliff racers.

Edit: Sorry for the double-post, can merge with previous post.

Dembadon said:
I do not miss cliff racers.

I second that, specially on lower levels.

Actually, if someone asked me what's my favourite (starting from Morrowind, since I never played Arena and had Daggerfall installed (!) but never played it seriously), I can only answer in terms of a few relations - Oblivion is definitely a good game, but compared to the other two, well, they're simply better. I thing Morrowind could be my favourite, but Skyrim is very close to Morrowind, if you ask me. Maybe it's because of the music exploring track which apperas in both of them, it adds up to the atmosphere greatly. :biggrin:

Yeah clif racers were annoying.

In a way system is dumbed down with each new release. At least that's how I feel.

Borek said:
In a way system is dumbed down with each new release. At least that's how I feel.

It's like this with many videogames. If the companies make them easier, then more people will be able to play them, so they can make more sales. Sometimes the changes are improvements, but other times they remove complexities that were actually fun.

I agree with posts #29 and #30, Oblivion and Skyrim seemed to have went in a more "interactive" direction, in a simplistic way. But yes, I guess that's a necessary condition for acheiving a mass product.

Dembadon said:
It's like this with many videogames. If the companies make them easier, then more people will be able to play them, so they can make more sales. Sometimes the changes are improvements, but other times they remove complexities that were actually fun.

You are talking to an ex-Editor in Chief of a monthly magazine about computer games :wink: It started in early nineties.

I am a sneaky destruction mage/archer(conjured bow) at lvl 34 or sth.
I still have not my desired sneak lvl (70) its around 55 i guess. It takes ages to level up. I sneak everywhere kill everything while sneaking and still... My archery which is in the high 80s levels faster. So weird.
I started the main quest after 58 hours. I first wandered around a bit and finished the guildes.

The funniest thing is that I didnt know that you can run till level 20.
I also couldn't really figure out how to have an active quest toggle till around that level.
Until something was impossible to find and I ended up looking that up. Now I still don't use it very often cause I realized that If its on I don't really look around and just follow that arrow. Spoils the fun for me.

My follower is Illia and she is awesome. I am really dissapointed that I cannot legally marry her (she is not marriageable in the game) She is also only wearing morokeis mask and jewelry. Har har

edit: And I am going to play now although I wanted to go to bed earlier :D

Last edited:
Several of my co-workers have recommended this game to me. After reading some of the comments, I don't know if I should. I waste enough time as it is. :rolleyes:

Well, if you decide to, give me a call. I just started to go into real estate in Skyrim.
I could offer you a nice house in Whiterun at super low rents.
The furnishing is pretty simple, but it would allow you to set foot on that beautiful continent.

<h2>1. What is Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!?</h2><p>Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed! is a series of videos showcasing gameplay from the popular video game, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These videos are created and shared by fans of the game, and often feature impressive and entertaining gameplay moments.</p><h2>2. Where can I find these videos?</h2><p>These videos can be found on various online platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and gaming forums. They can also be found by searching for "Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!" or related keywords on search engines.</p><h2>3. Are these videos official or fan-made?</h2><p>These videos are fan-made and are not officially endorsed or created by the game developers. They are created and shared by fans who enjoy playing the game and want to showcase their gameplay experiences.</p><h2>4. What can I expect to see in these videos?</h2><p>In these videos, you can expect to see various gameplay elements such as combat, exploration, character customization, and quests. You may also see mods or player-created content that adds unique features to the game.</p><h2>5. Can I use these videos for my own content?</h2><p>As these videos are created by fans, you should always ask for permission from the creator before using their content. Many creators are happy to share their videos, but it is important to give credit and follow any guidelines set by the creator.</p>

1. What is Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!?

Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed! is a series of videos showcasing gameplay from the popular video game, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These videos are created and shared by fans of the game, and often feature impressive and entertaining gameplay moments.

2. Where can I find these videos?

These videos can be found on various online platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and gaming forums. They can also be found by searching for "Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!" or related keywords on search engines.

3. Are these videos official or fan-made?

These videos are fan-made and are not officially endorsed or created by the game developers. They are created and shared by fans who enjoy playing the game and want to showcase their gameplay experiences.

4. What can I expect to see in these videos?

In these videos, you can expect to see various gameplay elements such as combat, exploration, character customization, and quests. You may also see mods or player-created content that adds unique features to the game.

5. Can I use these videos for my own content?

As these videos are created by fans, you should always ask for permission from the creator before using their content. Many creators are happy to share their videos, but it is important to give credit and follow any guidelines set by the creator.