PF Trivia Sundays: Speed Trivia Contest & Prizes

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Jonathan Scot won the first trivia contest hosted by him. Second place went to trollcast.
Sports-Trivia-Quiz.jpg

Starting this coming sunday, March 23rd, I'll be hosting a trivia contest during PF Chat.

The trivia will be run inside the Science Trivia room. Starting time will be 1PM CST.

This will be speed trivia. So questions will be google-able, but if you have to Google it, you've likely lost.

The topic will be anything. There will be 25 questions.

Winner will receive a special PF Trivia postbit badge for that week and 6 months gold membership. Second place will get 6 months gold membership.

I'll be hosting every Sunday that I can. Reminders will follow. Hope to see you there!

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
YAY! I love the trivia contests.

This may be silly but what type of questions will be there? Physics and Math related?

Pranav-Arora said:
This may be silly but what type of questions will be there? Physics and Math related?

The topic could be anything, totally random (there will be some math and science though) :)

Likes 1 person
Good idea! I wish this could be done in teams somehow, but I don't think that's feasible for an online trivia contest. I would like to see the PF team go up against some other team. :)

Also, very curious about the questions. My experience with trivia has been solely in the US and would be impossible for someone who didn't grow up here or live here a long time.

My favorite science trivia question: How many electrons in a pint?

Some others...
How much heavier is a heavy year than a light year?
We know the speed of light - what's the speed of dark?

Greg Bernhardt said:
The topic could be anything, totally random (there will be some math and science though) :)
I won't be there as I've had too many beers, but NCAA Basketball may be a good topic. Not many sports fans among scientist here however.

Greg Bernhardt said:
We had a great Trivia game!

1st Place: Jonathan Scot
2nd Place: trollcast

Score:

Jonathan Scott - 9 points
trollcast - 4 points
Evo - 2 points
Yanick - 2 points
OmCheeto - 1 point
esuna - 1 point

Congrats to JS and Troll!

Evo said:
Congrats to JS and Troll!

Thanks, but a lot of the credit should go to Google!

What is the format of the "PF Trivia Sundays: Speed Trivia Contest & Prizes" event?

The event consists of a series of trivia questions that must be answered within a set timeframe. Participants will compete against each other to see who can answer the most questions correctly in the shortest amount of time.

How are the questions chosen for the event?

The questions are chosen by a team of trivia experts and are designed to cover a wide range of topics and difficulty levels. They are also updated regularly to keep the event fresh and challenging.

What types of prizes can be won at the "PF Trivia Sundays" event?

Prizes vary depending on the specific event, but they can include cash, gift cards, merchandise, and other exciting rewards. The prizes are typically awarded to the top performers in the trivia contest.

Can anyone participate in the "PF Trivia Sundays" event?

Yes, anyone is welcome to participate in the event. However, some events may have age restrictions or require pre-registration, so it is best to check the event details beforehand.

Is it necessary to have extensive knowledge to participate in the "PF Trivia Sundays" event?

No, the questions are designed to be challenging but also accessible to a wide range of participants. As long as you have a general knowledge base and a quick thinking mind, you can have a chance at winning the contest.