Which files/folders does Firefox store the last session when it crashes?

• Thread starter 27Thousand
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, the conversation was about the benefits of exercise and the importance of staying active. The speaker mentioned how exercise can improve physical and mental health, as well as increase energy levels and boost mood. They also discussed the different types of exercise and how consistency is key for seeing results.
27Thousand
I'm just curious if I want to look at a backup I made on my external hard drive a few months ago of a certain configuration. If I want to pull up what Firefox had then on the restore session?

I know Flock is pretty much the same as Firefox, so if anyone knows anything about that either?

Computer science news on Phys.org
sessionstore.js if I recall correctly.

Also another note, the file is saved in JSON format.

logickills said:
sessionstore.js if I recall correctly.

Yes you did recall correctly. It worked!

1. What is the purpose of Firefox storing the last session when it crashes?

The purpose of Firefox storing the last session when it crashes is to allow the user to easily restore their previous browsing session without losing any open tabs or unsaved data.

2. How can I access the files/folders where Firefox stores the last session?

To access the files/folders where Firefox stores the last session, you can navigate to the following path on your computer: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{profile}\sessionstore-backups. Please note that the exact path may vary depending on your operating system and Firefox version.

3. Can I change the location where Firefox stores the last session?

Yes, you can change the location where Firefox stores the last session by modifying the browser.sessionstore.interval preference in the Firefox about:config page. Simply enter the new path you want to use for session storage.

4. Will Firefox store the last session if I manually close the browser?

No, Firefox will only store the last session if it crashes unexpectedly. If you manually close the browser, it will not save your current session.

5. How long does Firefox store the last session before it is deleted?

The duration for which Firefox stores the last session can vary depending on your browser settings. By default, Firefox will store the last session for up to 3 days. However, you can change this duration by modifying the browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes preference in the Firefox about:config page.