Were President and Mrs. Bush poisoned?

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, former first lady Laura Bush writes in her forthcoming autobiography that she and her husband George W. Bush may have been poisoned when they became ill at a summit in Germany in 2007. The US Secret Service probed whether the presidential delegation may have been poisoned at the G8 summit, and after finding no evidence of poison, concluded it was a virus.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
NEW YORK — Former first lady Laura Bush writes in her forthcoming autobiography that she and her husband George W. Bush may have been poisoned when they became ill at a summit in Germany in 2007, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

Writing in her book "Spoken from the Heart," due to be released in May, Laura Bush says that the US Secret Service probed whether the presidential delegation may have been poisoned at the G8 summit...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hjil1CFFKxexSRXjq43eNMTS8p1g [Broken]

Is the former first lady paranoid, or is there something to this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could have been food poisoning?

Book sales?

I doubt she made up a story about food poisoning for book sales... She killed a person.

Ivan Seeking said:
Book sales?

Dingdingding, we have a winner!

Oh my, she wrote about a story that is in her book, and is promoting her book by talking about it.

Jack and Ivan you guys need to go on Jeopardy or something. You two are geniuses.

I have never traced too precisely American politics, but now and then when I have seen/heard Bush statements I have thought he was intoxicated.

How about providing more details. What did they eat? Who served the food? What was the virus, E coli? What was the conclusion of the investigation?

Or does one have to get the book to find out?

Borek said:
I have never traced too precisely American politics, but now and then when I have seen/heard Bush statements I have thought he was intoxicated.

Yeah, that might explain that whole Iraq thingy :tongue2:.

I heard the Secret Service couldn't find any evidence of poison and concluded it was a virus. I think if it looks like a virus, walks like a virus, quacks like a virus...it's likely a virus.

I've had food poisoning and it sure makes you feel like someone is trying to kill you.

Borek said:

His Secretary of Defense was Rummy. No doubt about that.

The hotel that the Bush contingent stayed at has angrily denied that the President and First Lady were poisoned. And Bush's own security people determined that a virus was likely at fault. Book sales...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100429/en_afp/germanyusbookpoliticspeoplebush;_ylt=Anfd8sEJ_5KNY3Dj0Hjfb12s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQ0OXQwbjM4BGFzc2V0A2FmcC8yMDEwMDQyOS9nZXJtYW55dXNib29rcG9saXRpY3NwZW9wbGVidXNoBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDOQRwb3MDNgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2dlcm1hbmhvdGVsaA-- [Broken]

Dude, book sales! Oh wait, is the whole point of writing a book not to get book sales? Is the whole point of writing an autobiography not to share stories, thoughts and opinions of things that happened throughought your life? Plus, from what I read in the article, she just says "the secret service investigated our illness to determine if we were poisoned" not "I am sure we were poisoned at the G8".

People can put a negative spin on anything, especially when it comes to the Bushs.

MotoH said:
Oh my, she wrote about a story that is in her book, and is promoting her book by talking about it.
Yeah, it's a vast right wing conspiracy. :eek:

My mom's a secret Rastafarian
- Jenna Bush
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/05/03/jenna.bush.outs.mom.rastafarian.ppl/ [Broken]

Well, I think we have our answer! :biggrin:

1. What evidence suggests that President and Mrs. Bush were poisoned?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that President George H.W. Bush and his wife Barbara were poisoned. Both passed away at the ages of 94 and 92, respectively, from natural causes.

2. Why do some people believe that the Bushes were poisoned?

Some people believe that the Bushes were poisoned due to conspiracy theories circulating on the internet. However, there is no credible evidence to support these claims.

3. Were there any suspicious circumstances surrounding the deaths of the Bushes?

No, there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the deaths of the Bushes. Both died peacefully in their home surrounded by family and loved ones.

4. Has any investigation been conducted into the possibility of poisoning?

No, there has been no investigation into the possibility of poisoning in the deaths of the Bushes. The official cause of death for both individuals was determined by medical professionals.

5. What precautions were taken to ensure the safety of the Bushes?

The Secret Service is responsible for the protection of former presidents and their families. They take extensive measures to ensure their safety, including regular security checks and monitoring of any potential threats.