My UFO Encounter: Witnessing an Unusual Sight

• Thread starter mee
  • Start date
In summary, a UFO was seen by the author moving across the sky. Other objects were observed moving in the same direction and eventually joining together into an isosceles triangle. The author believes that the objects were probably military and there is no known explanation for their behavior.
mee
My "UFO" encounter

At the request of Ivan Seeking I am describing my UFO encounter. It was not very spectacular so sorry if anyone was expecting something dramatic. :) I was taking out the trash sometime around the early eighties when I looked up at the sky and saw something like a star moving across the sky. I watched it and notices that two other lights were moving across the sky as well. They were apparently equidistant from each other and heading towards a common point almost directly overhead. They came together into an isosceles triangle separated by about the width of an out-stretched adult hand when they stopped. They then reversed direction, without turning around, apparently, and headed back the way they had come. They did not appear to be helicopters and there was no noise. They seemed quite high up in the sky. There is an airforce base and a space institute near where this occurred. I know of no known aircraft that would act this way but I am not an expert. There you have it! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks mee. Many reports of lights in the sky "joining" can be attributed to refueling operations, but at first glance I don't know what to make of your observations.

My best guess at a [relatively] prosaic explanation is that you saw some kind of military test. Just shooting from the hip here, maybe you saw an extreme maneuver to test a weapons or detection system. It these objects were high enough you may not have been able to discern details of the activities. For example, a tight loop may appear as an abrupt, 180 degree change in the observed motion. Also, helicopters can be very quiet, even at low altitude, so if they were high enough you may not be able to recognize the shapes or hear the engines.

Maybe you saw the Blue Angels practicing a close approach followed by a loop? :confused:

Thanks again. :smile:

One would think that you would HEAR them firstly. Also, didnt he say that they stopped? It doesn't make much sense to me that military training would consist of 3 planes flying into a triangular shape in the middle of the night, stopping for a minute, and then reversing opperations. But hey what do i know? :biggrin:

Of course I'm just pulling guesses out of thin air here, but I can imagine reasons why something like this might be done. So at the least, its not fair to say that no reason for activity like this could exist. Whether such reasons do exist, I have no idea.

Ivan Seeking said:
Of course I'm just pulling guesses out of thin air here, but I can imagine reasons why something like this might be done. So at the least, its not fair to say that no reason for activity like this could exist. Whether such reasons do exist, I have no idea.

One thing I have notices among some "ufo" encounters is that three often plays a significant role. Trangular shapes or three lights flying in formation. Is there any significance to the number three that someone would often use it?

mee said:
One thing I have notices among some "ufo" encounters is that three often plays a significant role. Trangular shapes or three lights flying in formation. Is there any significance to the number three that someone would often use it?

I don't know what if any significance is found but I agree with your observations. In fact, I have probably heard or read several hundred stories just like yours.

I just figured it out when i saw Ivans avatar! Hes an alien spy that is here to make sure that humans don't discover their secrets and try to make excuses for alien sightings. :bugeye:

1. What exactly did you see during your UFO encounter?

During my UFO encounter, I witnessed a bright, circular object in the sky that was moving in ways that a conventional aircraft could not. It appeared to be rotating and changing colors.

2. Did anyone else witness the UFO with you?

Yes, there were several other people with me who also saw the UFO. We were all able to describe the same object and its movements, confirming that it was not a hallucination or a trick of the light.

3. How long did the UFO encounter last?

The encounter lasted for approximately 10 minutes. The UFO was visible for most of that time before disappearing into the clouds.

4. Did you report your UFO encounter to any authorities?

Yes, we reported our encounter to the local authorities and also to a UFO research organization. They documented our testimonies and investigated the area where the UFO was sighted.

5. Have you had any other UFO encounters or experiences?

This was my first and only UFO encounter. However, I have always been interested in the topic and have researched and read about other people's encounters. This experience has only increased my curiosity about the possibility of extraterrestrial life.